Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 21 of 26 (1,806 Views)

Re: Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox - FAQ

It looks like many many users here get the frequent "everything is ok" popup.
And no news from Lenovo.
What's DOS?
Message 22 of 26 (1,729 Views)

Is there a version of ThinkVantage Toolbox licensed for Windows Server 2003?

Paper Tape
Message 23 of 26 (1,541 Views)

Shall i download and use the Thinkpad Vantage tool for my Idea pad ?

Highlighted
Paper Tape
Message 24 of 26 (1,094 Views)

I have a T61. I paved the hard drive to install Windows 7 (32 bit). Can I download the applications that respond to the blue ThinkVantage button? I've done a System Update but that doesn't help. I also have downloaded a PC Doctor application that so far hasn't been of much use.

Thanks for any assistance.

What's DOS?
Message 25 of 26 (185 Views)

I cannot use fingerprint reader after upgrading to win10 pro 64 bit OS . it was working fine on win 7 pro 64 bit . After the upgrade when i go to thnkvantage toolbox to launch finger print manager , i get win10 error that this app is not compatible . I cannot find any updated version on lenovo thinkvantage on lenovo support site and i cannot see thinkvantage toolbox in installed programs list . This is so frustrating . I paid 2300 dollars for this useless machine which does not even work the way it is supposed to .

Bit Torrent
Message 26 of 26 (167 Views)

A resolution to your issue is found here:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Fingerprint-support-on-Windows-10-ThinkP...

==

Notes/FYI:

This post, opened in 2009, addressed Lenovo Thinkvantage Toolbox, ie, pc-doctor, diagnostic utility, which Lenovo sunsetted in 2012.

Lenovo also shipped "panels",named Lenovo Thinkvantage Tools, which launch/install Lenovo utitlites, in your case, finger print manager. This panel system is also discontinued. These "panels" are stuffed in printer land and uninstallable, ie "magic".

Your fingerprint device is supported on win10 after the noted post directions are followed. 

top kudoed authors
User Kudos Count