Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Super PM Chat

The Future of Windows Tablets

Join the conversation and share your feedback with the Lenovo Product team
Core Memory
0 Kudos

Lost backup history in ThinkVantage Rescue & Recovery 4.31

Hi all,

Using ThinkVantage Rescue and Recovery 4.31 (advanced interface), I click "view all backups", then I get a pop-up error message saying "no backups found".  But I have done backups through TVR&R, starting with a base backup done in January or February, and three incremental images, the latest of which was done on 22 June 2012.  In fact, I remember last month, shortly after completing that latest backup, I opened up TVR&R and viewed the backup list to confirm completion.  I have never used the Delete Backups command, so I feel like the backup must still be present on my C: drive.  And also, I have not had any other problems with lost data. 

I don't need to restore from a backup right now, but I would kind of like to figure out what's happened here before I ever get to that point, i.e., can I depend on TVR&R.

Has anyone else experienced or have knowledge of this?  Any help you can give me is appreciated.

ThinkPad T420
Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit
Bit Torrent
0 Kudos

Re: Lost backup history in ThinkVantage Rescue & Recovery 4.31

[ Edited ]

Go into RnR, advanced, set schedule and settings.  Check where your backup location is. Did you uninstall/reinstall RnR lately? Go to control panel, programs and features, or similar and check for rnr install date. If you take back ups to LOCAL, your C drive, look in folder \RRbackups. You will have to change security to view this folder.  If you  uninstall RnR, it removes the \RRbackups folder on your C drive.  Also check folder \SWHARE,RR.log to verity the backups went to where you think they went to, Like June 2012, they went to my C drive.

You will have to set SHOW HIDDEN FOLDERS. Go to control panel, Folder optioins. view. You will see a selection to SHOW hidden files.