Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Serial Port
0 Kudos

R&R not completing - 170GB Data to 1TB USB External

R&R was telling me that My 170GB of data would no  longer fit on my 300GB backup drive so I bought a 1TB external USB drive.  I figure that should be enough space to keep R&R happy.

Any ideas why R&R wont complete to my new drive?  It ran for about 9 hours and then simply said it did not complete.

Is it possibly looking for the old drive that I used to backup to?  I can't figure it out and the "did not complete" message isn't too helpful!

I have R&R 4.30.0025.00.  It is on a ThinkPad Edge 15 w Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit.

Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
0 Kudos

Re: R&R not completing - 170GB Data to 1TB USB External

It sounds like you have many months (years?) of backups stored.  I'd recommend trying to delete all backups and starting over with a fresh backup.  Start by deleting the most recent backup first, then work your way back to the earliest backup.

Serial Port
0 Kudos

I am creating this backup to a new 1TB external drive.  There is nothing on the drive yet.

Lenovo Staff
0 Kudos

Oh - sorry I missed that detail.

Go into Disk Management (type Disk Management into the start menu) and post back here with a list of each volume, the capacity and free space. 

Most common cause for this problem is not enough free space on one or more of the volumes.