Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Highlighted
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Rescue and Recovery and Client Security solution question

I got a thinkpad edge e220s for home use and I am trying to figure out whether these two thinkvantage tools will be of any use to me since I am not on a company network or anything (all the marketing material mentions IT admins etc).

Is rescue and recovery just a backup solution with disk imaging (like ghost)? I use a drobo for all my data storage so I am not too concerned about backups as the drobo offers redundancy in case of drive failure. The laptop has an SSD which doesn't have a lot of capacity so I do not want unnecessary tools that will take up a lot of space. However if rescue and recovery offers really helpful features then i might consider installing it (and just not using the backup feature). I could not make out what the marketing material meant by one button solution for viruses and crashes.

Secondly, does client security solution offer features other than password vault/manager on my model? I am already using the beta for the new version (4) of password manager which is standalone and does not require client security solution. Again the marketing material does not help a home user like myself understand it very much.

Any help will be appreciated!

Lenovo Staff
0 Kudos

Re: Rescue and Recovery and Client Security solution question

Based on your description I don't think Rescue & Recovery or Client Security Solution have any value for you.