Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login andCommunity FAQs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

visit the blogCheck out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Paper Tape

Specifying Drive on which to run RR

RR has option to backup to an external hard drive. However, I somehow can not get it to backup to the drive I want. Option list USB external hard drive and 2nd USB external hard drive. However, I have 3 external hard drives. Every time I defaults to another drive. The only way I can drive it to a particular drive is by dismounting the other 2. Can you please tell me how I can designate whether it should go to d, g or h drive.

PS I posted two issues a couple of years ago and I see nobody ever responded to them. Don't know what I am doing wrong that it is not getting any attention. Please advise. Thanks

Lenovo Staff

Re: Specifying Drive on which to run RR

R&R wasn't designed with 3 external drives in mind.  My advice would be to unplug all but one of the external drives when you want to take a backup with R&R, or else find some other backup software that doesn't have this problem.  Sorry to have not have any better idea about this.

Paper Tape

I can not believe that since that RR has not been modified over the years that 3 or  more disks are available

DAF
802.11n

[ Edited ]

Good question! Now if you look closely you will notice a lot of old IBM code. Lenovo added the "Simplified R&R GUI"   a few years ago but if you look at the "Advanced R&R GUI" that's from the IBM days.

Even with its inherent quirks, it still is my backup utility of choice. I have found that all my recoveries are perfect  to the point that I quit using the Windows System Restore which can leave a mess behind. I do a backup once a week.

E420, i5, 8GB, 500GB/7200, 32GB mSATA, Win 8.1 Pro x64
T61, 4GB, 500GB Hybrid, Win 8.1 Pro x64