Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

TVSU - few question

I got T500 2082-BKU with win 7 64bit freshly installed from provided by Lenovo factory recovery dvds.

After I did full system factory recovery I disabled windows automatic updates and I had run TVSU. It listed some updates for the Thinkad as a machine and for Windows as a OS. I first did install the OS updates and I noticed that the TVSU says that there werent installed but when I check at windows updates history it lists them as installd succesfuly. After another search for the updates the TVSU doesnt list the OS updates any more.

The second issue is: why TVSU doesnt list updates for my exact system that are available on the lenovo driver website, I mean some Windows updates that are hmm lets say few months old ?

The third issue is: seems like there was update for TV Resuce and Recovery 4.31 for Windows 7 and why I cant see it listed at TVSU ? This is funny because today I run TVSU and it found Windows update (Windows 7 (64-bit) Update Module KB979903 (WW) - ThinkPad). It downladed it and says it didnt install it. But at windows update history it is listed as successfuly installed.

Please guys from Lenovo tell me whats going on with TVSU ? I dont mind that It opens very long or sometimes after i double click on it it displays a graphics and then grahpic dissapears and the program window doesnt appear even if I wait 10minutes ...

Be honest ... should I use TVSU or WIndows Update to get all recent and older updates for windows ?

Should I get by myself latetst drivers for my Thinkpad or keep on using TVSU ?

This is really iritaiting. I like the idea of TVSU but it doesnt seem to be working properly. I just want to have all requierd updates and latest drivers. How hard can it be ?

I experience this issues on Win 7 64bit machines -> T500, X200T and XP Pro X61s. They all act same, they all are freshly installed from the recovery dvds ...

Kudos: 162
Solutions: 96
0 Kudos

Re: TVSU - few question

on the R&R 4.31 sometimes you have to uninstall the old version before installing the new so TVSU does not show them & you should use win. update & TVSU you will only get a few win. updates with TVSU the ones that are for lenovo systems

Thinkpad R61 7733-1GU
Thinkpad X61T 7762-54U
Thinkpad X60T 6363-4GU

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!