Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Highlighted
Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

X220t - No brightness tile in Simple Tap and Window Mobile Center

Hi there, I have used my X220t for several months. I remember that Simple Tap and WMC both have the brightness tile when it comes with the machine. The brightness tile disappeared after I updated to Simple Tap 2. (I vaguely remember that I have tried to trash the Brightness tile in the old Simple Tap. This might be the mistake I have done.) And I find that it is not there in WMC too. After that, I update all the windows updates and lenovo updates I can, but the brightness tile never come back.

I am sure this is not a domain/user right problem. I am not in a domain and I am the administrator. I have the brightness control in the power option. I can also change brightness using Fn+Home/End. So this has to be something else.

My question is simple here. How do I fix this without reinstalling the whole machine?

I have tried reinstalling display driver and monitor inf for several times. No use.

I have looked into WMC, but there is no reinstallation/redetection procedure available from MS. 

I have even looked in to registry to see if I can regedit it out. No use.

This has frustrated me for weeks.

Without brightness tile, Simpletap is useless. So I have uninstalled it.

Hope someone has a solution. Please suggest me some ideas and many thanks.

Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

Re: X220t - No brightness tile in Simple Tap and Window Mobile Center

Coming back to the problem, I found that many ppl on the web do mention about a registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MobilePC

which I seems to be completely missing. I guess this may be one of the problem leading to the abnormaly of the tile in window mobility center. Could someone with a normal x220t tell me what is the content(s) under this key? In case, please also tell me what should be under this registry key too, (which I happen to have some values there)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MobilePC

After I got that, I shall try setting them. many thanks.

Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

Re: X220t - No brightness tile in Simple Tap and Window Mobile Center

[ Edited ]

after 3 more months of trying, I still cannot get my brightness tile back :

Link to picture

it is sad and I wish someone in lenovo support can believe in my story and give me some idea on how to fix it. I know there is no much hope in fixing it. Perhaps my only way is to move everything to another new account, which has brightness tile (yes, opening a new account gives me a WMC with brightness tile.) Anyway, many thanks.

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules