Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AhmadMWaddah
Paper Tape
Views: 1,772
Message 1 of 4

Ideapad 130 amd can't install ubuntu

hello guys,, i search for a similar topic but i cant find any,,

i bought an Ideapad 130 15ast was a free dos laptop,, i am unisng Ubuntu for 9  years now and i dont wanna use windows anymore ,,

when i try to install Ubuntu it cant be done, with errors,, both 16.04 and 18.04 hanging on installation and restarting alot .

installation never complete.

if anyone have more information, willbe amazing to help me..

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,733
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ideapad 130 amd can't install ubuntu

Hi AhmadMWaddah! Welcome to our forums community. The model is not compatible with Ubuntu. Below is the list of Lenovo products compatible for Ubuntu OS. Please refer to this link: https://certification.ubuntu.com/certification/make/Lenovo/.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

jmg1213
Paper Tape
Views: 1,350
Message 3 of 4

This is odd.  I have an Ideapad 130-15ast that have set up to dual boot Windows 10 and Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon, which is based on Ubuntu, and I have had no problem installing or running it.  I have the exact same setup on another laptop by a different manufacturer.  The problem I am trying to solve is that on the Ideapad, while in Linux Mint it will not print a test page nor will it print a pdf from the Chrome PDF viewer (sends it to the printer,  says print is complete, but nothing actually prints).  The two computers are setup exactly the same, except the Ideapad has all documents directed to a separate NTFS  partition that is shared between the Windows and Linux OSs.

Mohamed_Harby
Paper Tape
Views: 650
Message 4 of 4

Shall I know what linux distributions are compatible with this laptop 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors