cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShivamBhardwaj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 56,362
Message 1 of 14

Ideapad 320 touchpad not working in Ubuntu any version?

Hello,

Is there anyone who can help me to sort out the issue?

I have tried all the efforts as per my knowledge to resolve the touchpad issue in Ubuntu but I have not found any solution for this issue and also Leveno customer support executive denied to help related to Ubuntu drivers for Lenovo Ideapad 320.

Also Same issue with Windows but Windows Driver for touchpad Is available on Lenovo Support website.

But I have required to install Ubuntu In this model- Lenovo ideapad 320.

Is anybody have a proper solution for Ideapad 320 for touchpad not working issue in Ubuntu 16.04?

Regards,

Shivam Bhardwaj

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 56,022
Message 2 of 14

Re: Ideapad 320 touchpad not working in Ubuntu any version?

I think there is a solution on Ubuntu forums which involves a terminal operation to get full function of the touchpad. Most of us on this forum use Windows.  From your question I can't determine what brand touchpad you have? Synaptics or ElanTech? Either way I think if I remember the solution is the same. But try to look on Ubuntu's forums to find the solution. 

ShivamBhardwaj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 55,977
Message 3 of 14

Hi Johnny,

Touchpad Brand is Elantech but I tried to search on Ubuntu Forum for this issue but I found more number of solutions for any other models of Lenovon except this . Although I tried these solutions but not resolved.

System Model - Lenovo Ideapad 320-15AST

Can you help me to find the link where I can find the touchpad driver for Ubuntu?

Thanks for your Response...!

GeertNed
What's DOS?
Views: 54,064
Message 4 of 14

Hello,

I  also bought  a idealpad 320 15AST.

I had  also problems installing ubuntu.

After installing ubuntu 17.10, the touchpad was only working for a fex seconds after the boot.

When i installed linux kernel 4.14.0 , the touchpad is working good on my idealpad.

The wifi card was also not working.

the solution was installing the following patch:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

diff --git a/rtl8821ae/hw.c b/rtl8821ae/hw.c
index 305b3abbf..755d3704b 100644
--- a/rtl8821ae/hw.c
+++ b/rtl8821ae/hw.c
@@ -1982,8 +1982,8 @@ int rtl8821ae_hw_init(struct ieee80211_hw *hw)
ppsc->rfpwr_state = ERFON;

rtlpriv->cfg->ops->set_hw_reg(hw, HW_VAR_ETHER_ADDR, mac->mac_addr);
- _rtl8821ae_enable_aspm_back_door(hw);
- rtlpriv->intf_ops->enable_aspm(hw);
+ //_rtl8821ae_enable_aspm_back_door(hw);
+ //rtlpriv->intf_ops->enable_aspm(hw);

if (rtlhal->hw_type == HARDWARE_TYPE_RTL8812AE &&
(rtlhal->rfe_type == 1 || rtlhal->rfe_type == 5))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And disable bluetooth in the settings.

After that i had no more problems.

(Only bluetooth is not working.....)

I hope this answer can help you.

greetings geert.

guse92
Blue Screen Again
Views: 53,220
Message 5 of 14

try to doing the answer off Mr. RobertoPerreira, i have same problem that solving step by step from RobertoPerreira, please searching him in this forum
Moneyface901
What's DOS?
Views: 52,562
Message 6 of 14

Hello, I’ve noticed that someone pressed the f6 key on my 320, it took me 33 mins to figure out smh, but just press f6 alone, it should work 

Aamirsq
Blue Screen Again
Views: 51,960
Message 7 of 14

Greetings,

I am facing same problem with my ideapad 320, i tried to find any solution but all in vain. 

Regards

A.

ameyanb
Paper Tape
Views: 50,812
Message 8 of 14

Firstly I would suggest you to better go for Ubuntu instead of any other OS like Kali Linux. I did install Kali linux first and I couldnt get rid of this problem as I could not update my kernel. Now coming to  solution, All you need to do is Update your kernel using UKUU tool. Follow the link below:

https://fossbytes.com/install-upgrade-linux-kernel-ubuntu-mint-ukuu/

Follow each step properly and install ukuu and open it. Afetr opening ukuu, it will load index and will show available kernels. Some are shown with red symbol (dont know what it depicts but dont go for them).

1. Select the one having regular symbol. Preferably select the one immediately below the latest one and click on install. It will download kernel and will ask you for reboot. (If it shows like 'Installation completed with errors', this means kernel has not been updated).

2. If it asks for reboot,  then it means that kernel is successfully installed and you then have to reboot.

Thats it! Upon next boot you will see your touchpad working.

I hope it helps you.

Srajan_asq
Punch Card
Views: 48,353
Message 9 of 14

I had a similar problem earlier. After I installed Ubuntu Linux on my laptop, the touchpad wasn't working, but it was working on Windows 10, which meant that there was no issue with the hardware of the touchpad.

Then to solve the problem, what I did was, I updated the kernel version and after restarting the laptop, the touchpad started to work.

wget https://launchpad.net/~hanipouspilot/+archive/ubuntu/ppa/+files/elantech-0608-dkms_0.2_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i elantech-0608-dkms_0.2_all.deb

Try running these two commands and restart the system. 

jelu000
What's DOS?
Views: 46,968
Message 10 of 14

I had the same problem with Ubuntu 17.10 that the touchpad stop working after a few seconds. Tried almost everything. The soulution for me was update the kernel an then the problem was fixed. I used this link: http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2017/11/install-linux-kernel-4-14-ubuntu-linux-mint/

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors