Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Linux Operating SystemsUbuntu
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

07-25-2021

India

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 3

Issue regarding dual booting of Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 on IdeaPad Gaming 3.

2021-07-25, 19:29 PM

I recently decided to dual boot Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 on my Lenovo IdeaPad gaming 3 (15ARH05), so for that I created an iso image of Ubuntu 20.04 on a USB stick and followed all the procedures of standard dual boot installation. I selected my usb at the boot menu and then at the Grub menu I selected Ubuntu after that it was loading on screen and then it went blank and few errors appeared on the screen and I am not able to install it. I checked possible solutions on web but they didn't work out.

Errors are:

[0.622086]pci 0000:00:00.2: AMD-V1: Unable to read/write to IOMMU perf counter

[ 1.974990]integrity: Problem loading X.509 certificate -65

[drm:dm_helpers_dp_write_dpcd [amdgpu]] *ERROR* Failed to find connector for link!

stdin: Invalid argument.......................................

Unable to find a medium container a live file system

Attempt interactive netboot from a URL?

yes no (default yes);

Also tried : Disabling Secure Boot and Fast

Startup but all in vain.

I have also uploaded pictures of the errors please look at them and kindly suggest solution to my problem as I will be grateful for that. Thank you for reading this and taking out your precious time.

IMG_20210726_000702__01.jpg IMG_20210726_000712__01.jpg
Options

9365 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

78098 Signins

2244145 Page Views

• Views: 2244145
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Issue regarding dual booting of Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 on IdeaPad Gaming 3.

2021-07-25, 19:38 PM

Hi,

I don't have a fix for you but a couple of things come to mind:  1st is try 21.04 in case it's happier with your hardware.  2nd thought is wondering if there's something about the way your media was created.  For Ubuntu on a UEFI booting machine I just copy the _contents_ of the ISO to a FAT32 flash drive.  Other approaches - Rufus and all of its options, or chainloading in a multi-boot setup - can produce some of the errors you describe.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

1 Posts

07-27-2021

Kuwait

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Issue regarding dual booting of Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 on IdeaPad Gaming 3.

2021-07-30, 3:27 AM

have you tried the same boot confiuration on other PC,did the same problem happend on other PC with dual boot? and have you check the log file of the linux pC?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms