Did you mean: 
rosselgt
Paper Tape
Views: 527
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Miix 720 Bios Unlock

Good Afternoon,

I buy 3 mounts a go this nice tablet,

But i whant to install ubuntu an use a virtual box with 64 bit option, but for do that is no possible with this bios,

there is any chance to unlock the bios?

thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 490
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Miix 720 Bios Unlock

Hello and welcome,

You don't specify what it is that's "locked".  If you're talking about inability of Linux to access the primary drive, there was a BIOS update published in July that added AHCI mode.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/tablets/miix-series/miix-720-12ikb/downloads

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/3scn66ww.exe

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/3scn66ww.txt

This BIOS creates an AHCI SATA Controller Mode selection to allow for the installation of the Linux operating system.
This BIOS AHCI MODE is NOT intended for use with machines running a Windows operation system.
No official support is provided for this BIOS of AHCI MODE.  The user assumes the risk of any performance degradation associated with the use of this BIOS of AHCI MODE.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

rosselgt
Paper Tape
Views: 469
Message 3 of 7

Yes You right, the problem is when i try to install ubuntu 64 bit on VirtualBox, is not possible because, is not possible abilitate on bios the vitualization mode...

Did you no if is possible do anyting?

Thanks for your roplay... 

rosselgt
Paper Tape
Views: 466
Message 4 of 7

I send the error of Virtual Box.

Thanks again

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 451
Message 5 of 7

Ah, I completely misunderstood your question.

Have you actually tried to enble VT in BIOS?  I don't have a 720 but on my 700:  Novo menu, then Configuration, the scroll the left panel until Intel Virtual Technology shows up.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

rosselgt
Paper Tape
Views: 440
Message 6 of 7

Can you have possibilty ti explain better how can i enter in novo and scroll , i have ti enter in bios? Because at the moment to enter in bios i use vol+ and in same time push button on is good or there is onother systems? Thanks for your passin can you update same pictures of menù ti enable virtualization? Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 433
Message 7 of 7

Here's a blog post I wrote about it.  Pics included.

Miix it up: Lenovo’s Miix 700 Tablet

Breaking and Entering

Virtual Reality

Z.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors