I am trying to install the ubantu 18 TLS on my new thinkpad t580 with SSD (only one drive is there.(windows10 is already installed)
I have created a 99GB of free space partition . (using the disk management tool-->shrink tool in windows. I have 99GB unallocated space)
On windows I have disabled Hibernation.
still I am not able to see the SSD during installation procedure.
Can you please help me to unblock.
2) Right now in my SATA controller settings is RST Mode. what are the issues I come across changing the settings in BIOS to AHCI. will it impact my windows usage?
3) How can I make my SSD be detected. I saw many similar posts but did not get success even after following them.
4) Does lenovo suggest changing from RST to AHCI.
5) Is changing to AHCI is just a option (or) should I install any drivers.
6) I am assuming seeing in mailing list that I should change to AHCI..is there any ither issue/
Admin note; subject editedfor clarity.