Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raggermany
Not applicable
Views: 3,849
Message 1 of 6

Thinkpad X1 Carbon Yoga 3rd eratic Mouse and Keyboard Ubuntu 18.04 on Sleep

In installed Ubuntu 18.04 and when I put the computer to sleep by closing the lid or suspend button, the touchpad is eratic and the keyboard LEDs flicker.  Any suggestions?  I've updated to the latest kernel 4.16.10 and no difference.

Horgh
Not applicable
Views: 3,817
Message 2 of 6

Re: Thinkpad X1 Carbon Yoga 3rd eratic Mouse and Keyboard Ubuntu 18.04 on Sleep

Check out this thread: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Linux-Discussion/Troubles-with-X1-Carbon-2018-X1C6-TouchPad-and-TrackPo...

Essentially you want to add "psmouse.synaptics_intertouch=1" to your Grub config so your kernel boots with that parameter. But you also have to comment out a line in the modules blacklist file to actually let the driver load. I believe details are on the last page of that thread.

raggermany
Not applicable
Views: 3,802
Message 3 of 6

Yes, I did them all.  Disabled trackpad in bios, disabled thunderbolt, added the two parameters in grub config, disabled the driver. I made it a little further but now my keyboard does not work after I resume from suspend.

raggermany
Not applicable
Views: 3,797
Message 4 of 6

Yes, I did them all.  Disabled trackpad in bios, disabled thunderbolt, added the two parameters in grub config, disabled the driver. I made it a little further but now my keyboard does not work after I resume from suspend.

@Horgh wrote:

Check out this thread: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Linux-Discussion/Troubles-with-X1-Carbon-2018-X1C6-TouchPad-and-TrackPo...

Essentially you want to add "psmouse.synaptics_intertouch=1" to your Grub config so your kernel boots with that parameter. But you also have to comment out a line in the modules blacklist file to actually let the driver load. I believe details are on the last page of that thread.

raggermany
Not applicable
Views: 3,749
Message 5 of 6

It looks like I forgot to reconfigure grub, but once I did the mouse issue went away. However, the keyboard now takes about 30 seconds to work, but I guess I can live with that until there is a real solution. I'm happy to be able to put my computer to sleep.
mwm
Not applicable
Views: 1,318
Message 6 of 6

This appears to be solved by updating BIOS to 1.27, no grub tricks needed.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors