Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kyleosipad
Punch Card
Views: 438
Message 1 of 2

Twist Ubuntu help!

I need some help with installing Linux on my system. I make an install USB like the site tells you to, but when I try to boot from it, I hit enter on the boot menu, I get a black screen for a second, then the boot menu comes back. Any ideas? I heard some people have successfully installed Linux, but I have no clue here. It may be a stupid mistake. Anyone?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 410
Message 2 of 2

Re: Twist Ubuntu help!

Hi,

Which version of Linux are you trying to install?  How did you prepare the USB (flash?) drive?  What boot mode are you trying to use: UEFI + secure boot, UEFI, Legacy?

All those are inter-related.  A little more info would help.

Generally, if you are using UEFI (with our without secure boot) you'll need Ubunbu 12..10 64-bit.  There may be some others that will work.  Prepare the USB drive by creating a FAT32 partition and just copying the contents of the ISO or CD to it.

If you're using some other distro/version or legacy boot mode - more info please.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors