Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
suvl
What's DOS?
Views: 130
Message 1 of 4

X1 Gen3 Tablet Linux support

What about Linux support for the x1 tablet 3rd gen?

It's unusable while I'm unable to Fn-lock the keyboard and use the F-keys as normal! It's terrible to be unable to swap CTRL and FN keys.

How can I do these two simple things on my Ubuntu?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 74
Message 2 of 4

Re: X1 Gen3 Tablet Linux support

Hi Suvl! Base on the list of compatible Lenovo devices that will work on Ubuntu, your machine is not part of the list. You can refer to this link: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd031426.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

suvl
What's DOS?
Views: 63
Message 3 of 4

Yes, indeed, it's not on any list. The question is: why. What's so special about this model (and others) that Lenovo won't support on linux? Why can't we have kernel modules for our hardware, even if closed source, and why can't we have Vantage for linux?

Lenovo Employee DaveOber
Lenovo Employee
Views: 29
Message 4 of 4

I believe you are refering to the X1 Yoga Gen 3 which is supported  for Ubuntu 16.04 and above.  I am running 18.04 and am having no issue with the function keys.  If the Light is on the esc key it requires you to hold the fn key to use the function keys if you hit fn and excape it should turn the light off and function normally.  As for the second question I am not sure what you are attempting to do.  If this is a tablet then it is not offically supported

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors