cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alibo
Paper Tape
Views: 490
Message 1 of 6

X1 Yoga 3rd Gen Touchpad uncotrolled movement and Buttons after sleep mode (Ubuntu 18.04)

Dear all,

I have installed Ubuntu 18.04 on my Lenovo X1 Yoga 3rd Generation. The problem with the touchpad shows up after waking up the laptop from sleeping mode.

The touchpad doesn't react correctly on my inputs and the cursor moves uncontrollable while pressing button (right and left click). After rebooting the computer the problem is gone.

Has anyone seen the same issue?

Cheers,

Al

jmarmstrong1207
Paper Tape
Views: 454
Message 2 of 6

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen Touchpad uncotrolled movement and Buttons after sleep mode (Ubuntu 18.04)

I fixed the problem with my X1 yoga 3 by updating the bios to 1.30. The only thing that happens now at the beginning is an occassional trackpoint drift.

alibo
Paper Tape
Views: 449
Message 3 of 6

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen Touchpad uncotrolled movement and Buttons after sleep mode (Ubuntu 18.04)

Hi! That worked for me! Thanks a lot!

jmarmstrong1207
Paper Tape
Views: 446
Message 4 of 6

Just in case, you have enabled s3 (suspend) sleep mode with an acpi_override correct? It isn't enabled at default.

alibo
Paper Tape
Views: 444
Message 5 of 6

no I didn't do that.
jmarmstrong1207
Paper Tape
Views: 443
Message 6 of 6

Follow this guide if you want to: https://gist.github.com/javanna/38d019a373085e1ba0c784597bc7ec73

The only thing that you need to do thats outside of the main post (pointed out by a commentor in that post) is to get the latest version  of the iasl program here: https://acpica.org/sites/acpica/files/acpica-unix-20190405.tar.gz. To install iasl, go into the extracted directory then "make iasl" then "sudo make install". Not sure if you need dependencies, but it'll tell you which deps you are missing. After that, just follow the github post.

Another thing to point out Is that the post itself isnt clear what to do in the grub.cfg. After doing all the steps and you're at the step of configuring the grub.cfg,  you'll see multiple lines that looks like "initrd /boot/*******". Put /boot/acpi_override just after initrd and you get "initrd /boot/acpi_override /boot/*****".

We have to do this because lenovo hasn't made a bios update for native sleep support yet.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors