Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thombes
Paper Tape
Views: 180
Message 1 of 2

X1Y4 / Touchpad randomly changes scrolling mode

Hi all, I have a Lenovo X1 Yoga 4th gen running Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon (4.15.0-60-generic). And I have an annoying problem with the touchpad where I need your help: The touchpad randomly switches from two-finger-scolling (my preferred option) to some kind of one-finger scrolling where the mouse position is locked. It is not edge scrolling since the entire touchpad can be used to scroll in this case. It can be disabled by either clicking the touchpad or by tapping with two fingers quickly one after the other on the pad. This behaviour is horrible for for browsing or programming, when you need scroll and then want to move the cursor with one finger to some position to click, which then does not work because the mouse is locked. I systematically tried all settings for the touchpad to avoid this behaviour. How can I disable this feature (if it's not a bug)? Any idea what I could to try to solve this is much appreciated. Thanks!!!
ThinkOperator
Fanfold Paper
Views: 126
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1Y4 / Touchpad randomly changes scrolling mode

My wife and I both have X1Y4's running Linux Mint 19.2.  The touchpad works find on both of them using the Synaptics driver.  Have you tried that yet?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors