cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mstallter
Paper Tape
Views: 293
Message 1 of 2

Enrolling Lenovo Mirage Solos in Google Admin Console?

This might be a silly or unnecessary question, I'm just looking around to see what our options are for management.  We received several carts of Lenovo Mirage Solos and they were pre-configured for us to use the included Ruckus wireless and tablet, so they require a minimum of messing around to get started.

However, I am curious whether it's possible to enroll these devices into Google Admin Console so they can be managed like any other Chrome or Android device (Chromebooks etc.).

Chrome devices:  https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/1360534?hl=en

Android devices: https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/9013441?hl=en

From looking around in the Mirage Solo I would guess it'd be considered an Android device, which would mean it would need the Google Apps Device Policy app.  But I didn't see any way to access this in the Play Store on the Mirage.

Is this something that should be possible?  Is it not recommended, and we should simply use the included methods as-is?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Lenovo Employee PMichael_lenovo
Lenovo Employee
Views: 251
Message 2 of 2

Re: Enrolling Lenovo Mirage Solos in Google Admin Console?

Thank you for your inquiry.  Currently the Mirage Solo will not be able to enroll within Android EDU Environment.  Though we are pushing forward with a management system through our Partner and will be launching that platform in July time frame. 

The product will be Radix Viso VR Console (specially designed for VR Classroom) and will include the following:

1.  Administrator Console to manage headset within the environment (which could also be implemented for BYOD devices on the network as well)

2.  Teacher Console to support teaching a true VR Class environment. Teacher console provides an easy to understand and use interface for teachers.

3.. All these will not require additional hardware or shifting of hardware to make viable.

For more details on our Radix VR Classroom Offering, please connect with the local sales team.  I am also available here to support any additional questions you may have.

Regards,

Michael

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals