Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dfarren
What's DOS?
Views: 982
Message 1 of 5

Are you able to push out other Google VR Apps from the Teacher Tablet?

I am wondering if I had purchased other Google VR apps from the Google Play store on the Teacher Tablet, could I push these out to the Lenovo Mirage headsets?  Would the headsets need a Google account to access that content?

We are a Microsoft district and students do not have Google accounts, but we are ready to go a step further in VR beyond Google Expeditions and would like to utilize our Lenovo Mirages.  Can we do this without Google accounts?

Anyone doing this?  Any input?  Very interested!  Thanks, Donna

Lenovo Employee RichH_Lenovo
Lenovo Employee
Views: 935
Message 2 of 5

Re: Are you able to push out other Google VR Apps from the Teacher Tablet?

Hi Donna,

Because this solution is running on a Google OS (Daydream), the app provisioning is handled through Google Account.  Yes - If you purchased an app on the Google Play Store you can push that out to a headset that has that same account installed.  You can this from the web version of the store.  See the screen shot below.  From play.google.com, I can filter categories by "Daydream" and see apps that will be compatible with my headset.  If I click on app, I can click to load onto any of my devices from the web store.  

*The limitation is that you have to be logged into the same account on the web store as on the headset.*

*I don't know any way to do this without having a Google account.

share from web play store.PNGPush VR apps from play.google.com

dfarren
What's DOS?
Views: 894
Message 3 of 5

Thanks!
mstallter
Paper Tape
Views: 499
Message 4 of 5

And there are no licensing issues or multi-user problems with this?  You can purchase an app once and utilize it on a cart of 24 devices?

Lenovo Employee RichH_Lenovo
Lenovo Employee
Views: 496
Message 5 of 5

Hi mstallter -- you are correct, this respects licensing issues because you have to log in on the headset with the account that owns the app.

We are working on some additional tools that would allow the ability to install applications on headsets remotely, but it will still require a valid licensed user to log in.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Posts