Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Guru

Re: Thinkpad W700 Latest Bluetooth Drivers won't install and rollback failed

Or... You can uncheck BTTray from the startup list.
PROBLEM SOLVED! XD

Or you can unpack the BT package manually. I found the DLL in C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Bluetooth Software\btwhidcs.dll
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1080/688/1376, 21GB RAM, 500GB + 750GB HDD, FHD screen
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Y3P: 5Y70, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, QHD+ screen
Serial Port

I may end up removing BTTray from the startup list, but I extracted the btwhidcs.dll from the cab file for the 64bit installation of the BT drivers installation kit and placed it in C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Bluetooth Software.  It was missing from that folder.  That got me a tad closer, now the error message I get when logging in complains that the btballon.dll is missing.  Unfortunatelty that dll is also missing from the cab file as well.  There is a 32bit version (in the 32 bit cab file) but that doesn't work obviously.   So would you mind sending me your btballon.dll file from C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Bluetooth Software?  Now how to give you my email address w/o giving it out to everyone?  Thanks

What's DOS?

Awesome! I had the same question. Thanks for the great post and all who answered :smileyhappy:

What's DOS?

Given that no credible/workable solution has been provided here I went into the System Configurtation menu and disabled Bluetooth tray from running at startup.  This eliminates the irritating startup message.

The program c:\Program Files\Thinkpad\Bluetooth\BTTRAY.exe is the app that requires the missing dll.  Not sure if this is needed for bluetooth or not but it stops the annoying error message.   Personally the Thinkpad bluetooth programs have been a constant irritation for me and consumed too much time that I finally gave up on using Bluetooth on this device.

I hope this at least gives you some sense of closure on this one. Lenovo should have provided a solution such as where to get the missing dll for installation or how to remove the software for the BTTrAY app.