10-21-2020

US

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

W385 screen locked

2020-10-21, 1:44 AM

My neighbor's brother asked me if I could get the pictures and text messages off a couple of old phones, so I told him I would give it a try. One of the phones is a Motorola W385, which is why I'm posting here. Once I got started on them, he told me they are the old cell phones from his son that was killed by a drunk driver 5 years ago. Now, I'm more determined to get the data off. There is a 4-digit lock code set and I can't figure out what it is or how to get around it.

Is there a way to reset or remove or otherwise work around the lock code without erasing data?

Once it is unlocked, I hope I'll be able to simply copy the picture files off via USB.

Is there any way to extract the text messages to a file?

I would appreciate any and all help to get these memories back to the family.

Options

3361 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3066 Signins

62186 Page Views

• Views: 62186
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:W385 screen locked

2020-11-23, 22:38 PM

@ MaRx-7 wrote:

My neighbor's brother asked me if I could get the pictures and text messages off a couple of old phones, so I told him I would give it a try. One of the phones is a Motorola W385, which is why I'm posting here. Once I got started on them, he told me they are the old cell phones from his son that was killed by a drunk driver 5 years ago. Now, I'm more determined to get the data off. There is a 4-digit lock code set and I can't figure out what it is or how to get around it.

Is there a way to reset or remove or otherwise work around the lock code without erasing data?

Once it is unlocked, I hope I'll be able to simply copy the picture files off via USB.

Is there any way to extract the text messages to a file?

I would appreciate any and all help to get these memories back to the family.

Sorry for the delay in responding. Unfortunately, there is no way that I know of to get around the passcode screen. I don't like referring people to other sites, but you might try on XDA to see if anyone there has any suggestions.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete