cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 3,697

Question

I have the following system and want to know how to switch back and forth between XP and Windows 7

Processor Intel Core i7-640LM Processor (2.13GHz, 4M L3, 1066MHz FSB)
  Operating system   Windows XP Tablet PC preinstalled through downgrade rights in Genuine Windows 7 Professional
  Operating system Language   Windows XP Professional E preinstalled through downgrade rights from Genuine Windows 7 with recovery media - English
  Display   12.1" SuperBright Outdoor (1.2% reflectivity, multiple anti-reflectivity layers) LED WXGA (1280 x 800) 16:10 aspect panel with WideViewing Angle
  Total memory   4 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1067MHz SODIMM Memory (1 DIMM)
  Keyboard   US English Keyboard
  Fingerprint   With Fingerprint Reader
  Camera   2.0M Pixel Camera
  Hard drive   500GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm
  Modem & Media Slot   5-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader with modem
  Bluetooth   Integrated Bluetooth PAN 2
  WiFi wireless LAN adapters   Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN
  Battery   8-cell battery (7.9 hours); weight starting at 1.8kg
  Power Cord   65W AC Adapter; NA, LA, (2pin)
  Publication Language   English US Publication

I am not able to go between the two operating systems. I've tried going through the system advanced settings to set Windows 7 as the default but it is not party of the drop down list of operating systems? Am I missing something?

Answer

What you have there is a Windows 7 license with Windows XP downgrade rights. That means you can run Windows XP, and when you are ready to upgrade to Windows 7, no need to buy a new license. But you can't use both at the same time!

http://www.microsoft.com/oem/en/licensing/sblicensing/Pages/what_to_do_downgrade_rights.aspx

Was this information helpful?

Comments
Hernancho77

Hi! I have a NAS Lenovoez and I'm experiencing problems when try to backup my gopro hero 5 black in the usb port. The Lenovoez detects the gopro camera immediately according to the web manager application, the camera detects too the usb port connection. Lenovoez begins to backup some photos but it seems to be stopped a few minutes later. I've checked the log events but nothing appeared. 

The NAS has the latest firmware version. 

Could you help me please?