Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tpalermo30
Punch Card
Views: 3,754
Message 1 of 3

Clean install of Windows 10

Yes I have  Lenovo G50-45 laptop and I'm trying to do a clean install of Windows 10.  Maybe it's not possible but when I install Windows 10 and try windows update most of the drivers and updates just fail.  They wont ever install.  I was thinking of downloading drivers manually from Lenovo but since Windows 10 autmatically downloads updates not the updates start to install as soon as I start up Windows. 

Am I able to do a clean install with a Lenovo Laptop or is that not recomended?  I"m totally lost,  normally I would do a clean install without issues but those are on computers I built.

Thanks,

Tony

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,638
Message 2 of 3

Re: Clean install of Windows 10

I have never worked on that model, but I have worked on many other models.  I have installed windows 10 from MS downloads without issue.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
newlaptop
Token Ring
Views: 3,376
Message 3 of 3

Re: Clean install of Windows 10

I just did a clean install on my 110-15ISK 80UD and it worked perfectly. Windows update found evey single driver; therefore, I didn't have to download any drivers from Lenovo. So, if your laptop is Win 10 capable, and you attempt to install the correct version of Windows, and you follow this procedure, it should work nicely for you:

How to Clean Install Windows 10

Now, to do a clean instally correctly, you must wipe the hard drive totally clean (eg, 100 unallocated) during the process (as identified in the steps above). This, of course means you will lose the Nova/One Key Recovery functionality; however, Macrium Reflect Free is an excellent backup utility that will work nicely with your clean install.

Caution: If you do not wipe the hard drive clean during a clean install atempt, all bets for success are off!

Good luck,

newlaptop

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors