cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PsyberEMT
Serial Port
Views: 4,361
Message 1 of 5

Fast startup no longer works after Fall Creators Update (1709)

I recently updated to Windows 10 build 1709 known as the fall creators update.  Since applying the update fast startup/shutdown no longer works.  I have reinstalled the latest power management driver just to be sure but it still exhibits the same behavior.  With fast startup enabled in power options when I tell the system to shutdown it simply logs out and will not power off.  The only way to get it to power off is to disable fast startup in the power options.  Annoyingly it re-enables itself after every cumulative update.

Any ideas?

GTgamo
Token Ring
Views: 4,299
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fast startup no longer works after Fall Creators Update (1709)

I was experiencing a similar issue with my P51 when i would go to shutdown, it would automatically go to a fast start and bsod upon every initial boot after the shutdown, or sleep option. I unselected the fast start and now it does a proper shutdown with no bsod, and initial start comes with the bios option upon every re-boot, which is what i prefer. Something is up with the fast-start option, not sure what it is, but i prefer the slow start anyway so no big deal for me.

Did you find any useful information? Everyone in the Lenovo forums can thank other members by clicking on the kudos star to the lower left.

PsyberEMT
Serial Port
Views: 4,044
Message 3 of 5

I wasn't experiencing BSOD issues, it simply failed to do the hibernation process and do the fast shutdown. Instead it took me right back to the login screen. My guess is either the power mgmt drivers or the chipset drivers will require an update to re-enable the use of fast startup.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,040
Message 4 of 5

PsyberEMT, what model Lenovo do you have?

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

PsyberEMT
Serial Port
Views: 4,036
Message 5 of 5

LOL I can't believe I didn't post that. It's a brand new P71

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors