cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
corkman2003
What's DOS?
Views: 4,865
Message 11 of 21

Re: Fingerprint reader and Synaptics WBDI driver not working after Win 10 April 2018 update

Thanks Lubomird

I followed your directions and it worked. I had to sign in with my PIN and then redo the fingerprint registration but it worked after that.

CameronE
Paper Tape
Views: 4,740
Message 12 of 21

Re: Fingerprint reader and Synaptics WBDI driver not working after Win 10 April 2018 update

Yep, an old driver install worked for me as well. 

beecast
What's DOS?
Views: 4,620
Message 13 of 21

solution of lubomird works in my x270! Thanks lubomird!

fotolit
What's DOS?
Views: 2,475
Message 14 of 21

Thank you! This worked me perfectly on a Lenovo 530 Yoga!

Teknikinsan
What's DOS?
Views: 1,277
Message 15 of 21

1.- Disable Windows Defender

2- Remove Fingerprint driver

3-Install Fingerprint driver manuel

loconner411
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,139
Message 16 of 21

For Lenovo Flex 5, I have tried every "solution" I could find.  Yes, you can apply a fix and the fingerprint reader will work.  But within 3 more logins it will again fail.  Sometimes a reboot works but, more often than not, you will need to reapply the recommended solution to get the fingerprint reader working again. 

Have never seen such a sporadic and intermittent failure/error in my life.  One would assume that an applied fix would be long-term:  if the fingerprint reader works once it should continue to work, right?  There has to be something consistently occurring between Windows 10 and Synaptics to make this such an intermittent and terminal error. 

vegan-fanatic
Token Ring
Views: 1,127
Message 17 of 21

I have upated all of my machines to 1903 in readyness for the next major updates which will require it to be installed.

All of my machines have finger scanners, they had to be enabled with a policy but otherwise they have not been an issue. My machines are corporate so I have lots of corporate experience to keep them operational and fully functional.

gpedit.msc where you can find what you need

I own: T400 T500 X220 X230 all running Windows 10 Professional
wleeb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 844
Message 18 of 21

I just purchased a new Lenovo P53 with the Synaptics UWP WBDI fingerprint reader and my exerpience is the same. Uninstall/reinstall the driver and everything works, then the reader becomes increasingly unstable over time until it no longer works. Repeat the uninstall/reinstall and everything works again but eventually fails again.

I never experienced any issues with my previous Lenovo P50 that uses the older Synaptics WBDI - SGX fingerprint reader so I suspect this is a hardware realated issue with the new UWP WBDI.

This forum is littered with posts about this issue over the last 2 years, so I am amazed Lenovo/Synaptic has yet to step up and resolve it. This is a MAJOR FAIL in my books. If they do not resolve this soon, I will be looking elsewhere for my corpoarte PCs.

loconner411
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 833
Message 19 of 21

Thanks wleeb!  I tried so many solutions that my Flex 5 became unstable and I had to reinstall Windows 10, which created an entirely new challenge and $$ to recover. 

Highlighted
SOMETIMES_LUCKY
What's DOS?
Views: 604
Message 20 of 21

I've had the fingerprint reader problem (code 10) on and off since I got this machine. Every now and then I've read the forums about solving the problem and tried everyone of them. Eventually I bumped into a thread where one user just had come to a conclusion that it's a problem in cabling of the fingerprint device. I gave mine few little knocks and it started working again. So my vote goes to hardware problem. Anticlimax I know.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors