cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sathapalani
Paper Tape
Views: 7,356
Message 1 of 5

Forgot windows 10 password - how do i reinstall?

Hi,

I just bought a thinkpad before christmas and seem to have forgotten my password. I have not begain moving files or anything from my old computer so the mchine is pretty much the way it was when it got delivered. I have been looking around the internet and it looks like the only way option i have is to re-install windows. I dont have a microsoft accout and my password is local.

My question is:

1- since my computer came preinstalled with wondows 10, where do i get a copy of the software to reinstall?

2- How would i actually go about doing it?

3 - once i install, willi be pompted for a product key and if so where do i get one from? I am assuming lenovo

thank you all for the help

satha 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 7,191
Message 2 of 5

Re: Forgot windows 10 password - how do i reinstall?

If it came preinstalled, the key is in the BIOS.  You can download from Microsoft and install.  It will activate automatically.

You will need a USB stick.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
chondrulob
What's DOS?
Views: 7,147
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for help, I will be know
A lof of laugh
Jcaklly
Paper Tape
Views: 4,646
Message 4 of 5

@ricfhk wrote:

If it came preinstalled, the key is in the BIOS.  You can download from Microsoft and install.  It will activate automatically.

You will need a USB stick.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/resst-windows-10/

how can access to my BIOS so that i can boot from USB stick?  

Famkera
What's DOS?
Views: 340
Message 5 of 5

@sathapalani wrote:

Hi,

I just bought a thinkpad before christmas and seem to have forgotten my password. I have not begain moving files or anything from my old computer so the mchine is pretty much the way it was when it got delivered. I have been looking around the internet and it looks like the only way option i have is to re-install windows. I dont have a microsoft accout and my password is local.

My question is:

1- since my computer came preinstalled with wondows 10, where do i get a copy of the software to reinstall?

2- How would i actually go about doing it?

3 - once i install, willi be pompted for a product key and if so where do i get one from? I am assuming lenovo

thank you all for the help

satha 

You don't seem to know much about installing Windows 10 , why not boot your Windows computer for removing the password , all you need is a bootable disk ,It will be easier for you.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors