cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Omiomio
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 14,778
Message 1 of 19

HELP: Sierra Wireless EM7455 (WWAN) Not Working After Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Hi, I have a P50 recently updated Windows 10 Fall creators update. After the update my system no longer shows my wwan hardware (Sierra Wireless EM7455).

• I no longer have a cellular connection option in the network menu after clicking the network icon in taskbar tray,
  • no cellular connection section in the networking settings
  • No wwan device in Device Manager under Network Adapters
  • No cellular connection shown in the Network Connections control panel under Network and Internet. 

What does show up in device manager is a 'Sierra Wireless Location Sensor' under the Sensors category.

I did try to install the Sierra Wireless softwar from here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/tp07_en. But it didn't help.

I do not know if any of this has to do with the recent update on Windows 10 but if anyone else has experienced this please share your situation and solution if any.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

Maestrea
Fanfold Paper
Views: 14,612
Message 2 of 19

Re: HELP: Sierra Wireless EM7455 (WWAN) Not Working After Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Hi,

Same problem here with a X1 Tablet. I need help please.

Omiomio
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 14,563
Message 3 of 19

Re: HELP: Sierra Wireless EM7455 (WWAN) Not Working After Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Thanks for sharing your experience, hopefully it will help get this problem sorted out.

I submitted the problem to the Windows Feedback Hub under the same title. If you could upvote the post there, assuming you are using Win 10, hopefully it would attract more attention from Windows peeps.

Omiomio
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 14,552
Message 4 of 19

More data on the problem:

When I open the Lenovo System Update app it now has the Sierra Wireless EM7455 software as an update under the Optional Updates tab. I have tried to download and install this update twice, which requires reboot, but nothing changes. My system still does not show the EM7455 in device manager or network connections and when reloading the Lenovo System Update the EM7455 software is still shown as an optional update. HELP!

Maestrea
Fanfold Paper
Views: 14,547
Message 5 of 19

Same situation here after the update 

Maestrea
Fanfold Paper
Views: 14,511
Message 6 of 19

Solved: Sierra Wireless EM7455 (WWAN) Not Working After Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

1. Device Manager

2. Show hidden devices

3. Remove Network --> Sierra WWAN 7455

4. Add/Remove Programs--> Remove Sierra Software

5. Companion--> Update--> Install latest Sierra 7455 Drivers

Solved! Enjoy.

mrdasa
Paper Tape
Views: 14,029
Message 7 of 19

Re: Solved: Sierra Wireless EM7455 (WWAN) Not Working After Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Fixed the issue for me only half. I have two usb-ethernet card connection to use two different subnet. As long as i dont disable them as long i cant use the internet connection through LTE EM7455. This is strange. Before the Fall Creators update it was working just fine. In this adapter subnets i do not use any dns ipts just simple peer to peer connection based on a simple ip with /24 as subnet. Well it cant be that i just can use the internet connection when i disable these adapter. Any idea why this is like this after the Fall Creators update? Thanx. Need to work with my P50.

PPMAN
What's DOS?
Views: 13,704
Message 8 of 19

Re: Solved: Sierra Wireless EM7455 (WWAN) Not Working After Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Hello

I had same problem , did you have solutiion to fix it ?

Thanks.

mrdasa
Paper Tape
Views: 13,633
Message 9 of 19

Yes i solved the problem by installing/recovering the Windwos 10-1703 release again (but when the system updated to 1709 it came back again). The second solutions was to start the windows 7 recovery that also helped. If you need to get your work done i recommend to recover windows 7. I was not able not get it work with Windows 10-1709 after a lot of trials and also lenovo teamveiwer support was no able to solve the problem completely with windows 10-1709. Greets

Martin93_P50
Paper Tape
Views: 13,128
Message 10 of 19

Same problem here.

Since Fall Creators Update the EM7455 LTE is not working anymore. Before the update everything was fine.

Behavior:

- Windows WWAN says "Connected", NIC properties show IP, Gateway and DNS, "route print" shows route over WWAN

- LTE ("Mobilfunk") card says "activated":

001034.png

- "ping  8.8.8.8" fails with "common error":

001035.png

- as soon as I disable the ethernet card (which has a static ip, no gateway and no dns) in network control center, the ping is working, LTE card now says "Telekom.de 103":

001036.png

- if I enable the ethernet card again, ping is failing again

Do you have any suggestions?

We need the parallel LTE and (local) ethernet connection to work at plc systems and have internet access at the same time.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors