Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemWindows 10
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

03-11-2017

United States of America

15 Signins

140 Page Views

• Views: 140
  • Message 1 of 1

IDEA: New Windows Recovery App

2020-11-18, 18:15 PM

I would certainly like a response from a Lenovo employee, if that would be great.

The new way of obtaining Lenovo recovery media is great. However, I think there needs to be a refresh on how customers download media:

• A New App in the Windows Store with more media options - Lenovo should develop a new Cloud Recovery App on the Windows Store for users to create recovery media. It would replace the current USB Recovery Tool, and also provide more media types to use, such as an external hard drive, a USB flash drive, and (for a more permanent solution) DVDs.
  • More Recovery Options - The new app should also include four options to create a recovery media: a) Factory Preload Recovery - Restores the entire computer to when it was first shipped. It restores the original operating system, drivers and applications.; b) Operating System Recovery - Restores the original operating system to a clean state. Utilizes original Windows installation media.; c) Drivers and Applications Recovery - Reinstalls the drivers and applications.; d) All-In-One Recovery - Downloads everything from A through C into one single media.

I hope one day this would be possible. Having a extra layer of protection is quite necessary.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms