cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A2016
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 301
Message 1 of 4

In B50-30 Win 10: Where're the lost files after I cancelled moving them?

From the task bar; I clicked on the desktop icon. Till appeared from the sub menus: the E drive "E is part of the hard drive but not a system drive". I clicked to move it to the desktop of my labtop. The computer said it's moving it. I changed my mind; so I paused the operation. Then I cancelled it.

After that I didn't find many files that were in E. I lost the first alphabetical folders with all its files.

I searched for the files using the file explorer search; but I didn't find any. I searched for them in the whole PC; not only E. They're not in the recycle bin even. I don't have backup for them also.

Where can I find these files? Or I lost them forever?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 269
Message 2 of 4

Re: In B50-30 Win 10: Where're the files that I cancelled moving them?

Normally, a move will copy and then delete.  Is there a folder on the desktop (from eSmiley Happy?  

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
A2016
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 238
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Rich for your quick response,

No. The desktop hasn't increased or decreased by any folders or files!

Highlighted
A2016
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 105
Message 4 of 4

I still don't know how to recover my data. But I knew the reason why that happened.

I noticed that it happened immediately after auto forced upgrade to:

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 x64 2019-10B Successfully installed on ‎29-‎10-‎19.

Other problems after that update:

1) I used the mouse to move files by dragging. While windows was moving the files I paused it very early. Then cancelled the move. The file kept stuck to the cursor! After many experiments to release it I succeeded. Itried again and the same happened. I tried another time to pause moving the files but after a bigger progress in the move; This problem didn't happen.

2) Very rapid flashing of the cursor at certain actions inside excel.

3) I copied a punch of files without pause nor cancelling; but not all of them were copied.

4) Some photos copied with reverse background.

5) The battery gets low to 95% without using it.

6) The screen saver started to not to display the log-on screen on resume.

7) Calendar permissions changed.

This's what I discovered so far. Every day during my normal operation I discover a new bug.

However Windows is pushing on me to install another update. But I'm delaying it to have more chance to extract the data to not to over write it. The offered one is:

Quality update 2019-02 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4346084)

I think I need to raise a new topic question about having the problem of losing files during move due to win update. Or you think I should continue here in this question?

I don't care about the problems that might rise due to delaying the update. I care about retrieving the lost data.

• Any comments?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors