cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pepsinio
Punch Card
Views: 3,620
Message 1 of 64

Lenovo X1 Yoga gen 3 - Unable to change color setting after Windows Spring update

Hi all,

today i installed the windows Spring update on my X1Y3. First thing i noticed is that HDR works (horray!). Still being puzzled about the adrertised dolby HDR, while showing 8bit panel only, but nevermind.

The problem i got is that the colors defaulted to 'Native' mode and even if i change it to ' Standard' the colors don't budge. Anyone else experiencing this after the update and any solution found?

Thanks!

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 3,585
Message 2 of 64

Re: Lenovo X1 Yoga gen 3 - Unable to change color setting after Windows Spring update

@Pepsinio wrote:

The problem i got is that the colors defaulted to 'Native' mode and even if i change it to ' Standard' the colors don't budge. Anyone else experiencing this after the update and any solution found?

The good news: you're not alone. The bad news, it happens to X1C and X1Y users, and there's no solution yet: 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X16C-April-2018-update-1803-broke-color-setti...

Pepsinio
Punch Card
Views: 3,566
Message 3 of 64

Re: Lenovo X1 Yoga gen 3 - Unable to change color setting after Windows Spring update

Yes i saw it right after i posted this topic and i cannot delete it now Smiley Happy
joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 3,557
Message 4 of 64

@Pepsinio wrote:
Yes i saw it right after i posted this topic and i cannot delete it now Smiley Happy

That's fine, this way people who have an X1 Yoga can find it as well. The other thread only has X1 Carbon in the title. 

jefferai
Punch Card
Views: 3,548
Message 5 of 64

Worse, HDR doesn't even work, it's just Windows reinterpreting SDR as HDR for you... https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Yoga-3rd-gen-HDR-display-not-HDR-capable/m...

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 3,460
Message 6 of 64

We investigated this issue and found it is caused by a bug in Windows 10 1803.  We opened a bug with Microsoft, but no reply yet.  Has anyone posted this problem to a Microsoft forum?

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 3,450
Message 7 of 64

@someotherguy wrote:

We investigated this issue and found it is caused by a bug in Windows 10 1803.  We opened a bug with Microsoft, but no reply yet.  Has anyone posted this problem to a Microsoft forum?

Thanks for investigating! If we want to report this on answers.microsoft.com what would be the best way to describe the problem? Because if we say "after the April update the Lenovo color profile settings no longer work" the reaction will likely be "ask Lenovo to fix it". What is the actual Windows bug that causes this?

jackzh2011
SCSI Port
Views: 3,435
Message 8 of 64

I don't know if this is a good temporary fix until Microsoft fixes the bud @someotherguy mentioned. I couldn't find the colour gamma setting in Intel Graphics Settings for some reason, so I tried to use the "Calibrate Monitor" function that comes with Windows 10 and it has made the colours easier on the eyes. The button is at Settings -> System -> Display -> Advanced Display Settings -> Display Adapter Properties for Display # (whichever one you're calibrating) -> Tab "Color Management" -> Click the "Color Management" button -> Tab "Advanced" -> Click the "Calibrate Display" button.

Pepsinio
Punch Card
Views: 3,349
Message 9 of 64

I registered this issue in Microsoft Feedback Hub under "Lenovo x1 yoga gen 3 HDR display color settings do not work"
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 3,327
Message 10 of 64

The latest information I have is that Intel is investigating this with Microsoft.  The color settings were working fine in Win10 1803 build 17091, but stopped working in later builds.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors