Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JinLab
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,279
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo yoga 700 Touchpad and Keyboard not working

Hi,

With the update of Windows Fall create, my computer keyboard and touchpad doesn't work anymore.

Key board is responsive in Bios Mode

I reinstall everything twice in two days

In taskbar, Elan device icon have a yellow triangle and right click give me a screen with no device assign it's empty and all button are grey so i can do nothing.

I've been many times in device manager and remove Keyboard, restart, but always Standard keyboard PS/2 installed yet and with "Best driver installed"

I try to reinstall in manual mode but keyboard is not indicated in device installation process only things starting like "controller audio, HID device, storage manager etc." just not the word "Keyboard", i browse some but don't know wich one to choose and don't even know if this would work.

I've download from pcsupport.lenovo.com driver touchpad Elan_11.4.69.4,ALPS_8.201.1611.25

8sy201af.exe

in windows settings i go to device > Bluetooth device and others > Printers and peripherique

Right click on my computer and go to settings for installation and disable windows update

Lenovo Solution Center says that everything is working and detect PS/2 10.0.16.299.1506-21-2006

, windows says that everything is working.

Lenonvo support says that they don't know and that i have send my computer in germany for repair...

At the beginning i can fn+ space for light and that's all.

I think i've try many things but no success. it was working so well before this update...

I really think when i see how many people have the same problem with différent computer that there is a problem...

I don't understand why Lenovo let so many users in trouble for core functionnality, using a keyboard on a laptop...

JinLab
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,221
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo yoga 700 Touchpad and Keyboard not working

Member ThangTNguyen give me the solution :
----------------
Hi Jinlab - Just run the laptop (for example play movies) to drain the battery COMPLETELY dead until the laptop shut off.  Press the power on/off button to make sure the laptop could not turn on because battery drained...  then plug in the charger to recharge, the keyboard should now work... It worked for me twice already..
----------

This solution also worked for me

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors