Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Providence
Blue Screen Again
Views: 136
Message 1 of 3

Microsoft Edge Consumes HardDisk Memory

I have a problem with Microsoft Edge, every time I open it and surf it goes 2GB of memory on the harddisk that comes back when I close the Edge browser.
The computer is a notebook ideapad 110S-11IBR
The Windows 10 1803 version (build SO 17134,441)
The version of the Microsoft Edge Browser 42.17134.1.0 EdgeHTML 17.17124

Guru
Views: 96
Message 2 of 3

Re: Microsoft Edge Consumes HardDisk Memory

That seems very unlikely and even unheard of. Even when we're just talking about caching or clearing cookies when Microsoft Edge is closing.

Are you sure you are talking about the hard drive, and not actually memory (RAM)? That would make a lot more sense.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Highlighted
Providence
Blue Screen Again
Views: 51
Message 3 of 3

Re: Microsoft Edge Consumes HardDisk Memory

Hello, it's the hard drive that fills up and empties once Edge is closed. It's not just about a computer that does it, I have two more of Lenovo's the same thing happens. The PC crashes because it fills my memory.
There is no remedy? an update?

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors