2 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 1 of 4

Miix 310 - 10 icr can not update on 1709 problem realtek pcie driver

2017-12-24, 15:53 PM

Hello guys,

I have problem with my tablet and actualization to Windows 10 - version 1709

My tablet is trying to download update every day (causing slow internet connection and problems with functionality) and after he is trying to install it.

It always fail with error : Windows can not install update, please remove Realtek PCIE card reader.
I try to fix it different ways, I try to check registry (based on google, I can not find correct regitry to edit), also I tryied to uninstall all SD card drivers that I find in device manager (they says that restart is required) etc.

After manual uninstall of all drivers, update can not continue and still requesting to uninstall PCIE card driver.

After I try to restart (with drivers uninstalled), it is automatically installed back to machine after reboot, so this no fix the problem, update still need to remove PCIE driver.

Sometimes I want to destroy this tablet, because this update problem I have more than month( i think..)

I have 64gb model with 4gb ram, I have more than 12gb free space (if somebody want to hint me to check free space)

Every restart, tablet is downloading updates, trying to install them, and after long time shutdown (cause he is cleaning disk and trying to get back changes etc.)

Did anyone some problem ? How did you solve this problem please?

PS:sorry for my english, I am from europe :)

Options

4297 Posts

11-18-2012

US

9979 Signins

610511 Page Views

• Views: 610511
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Miix 310 - 10 icr can not update on 1709 problem realtek pcie driver

2017-12-24, 19:30 PM

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

I am not an owner of your model, but have you tried disabling the card reader in Windows Device Manager?   Disable it, reboot and start the 1709 update again.  Disabling should remove it from detection so that the Windows Creator's Update can continue.  Once the 1709 is installed, you can they try enabling the card reader again. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Options

2 Posts

12-24-2017

SK

2 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 3 of 4

2017-12-25, 13:48 PM

Thank you for your tip.

I have also tried this option, problem is that i can not see this "realtek pcie card driver" in device manager.

I have some Intel SD card drivers (3x) and SD card drivers (2x). Some of them have disable functionality, but some of them I can only uninstall. Without reboot I have error during windows update, after reboot they are back installed.

Disabling some of these drivers can not fix the issue, If I disable one of the Intel SD cards, I also lost my internet connection and wifi adapter in network .... Magic :)

So, I do not know how to fix this, i tried to change active hours for windows update, because tablet is always downloading new 1709 update and it affect my work (performance and internet speed). Sometimes I kill process with task manager cause I am nervous of that...
I also try to check for this pcie driver, but newest version is from 2016 ( so this is not really new one ).

Options

4297 Posts

11-18-2012

US

9979 Signins

610511 Page Views

• Views: 610511
  • Message 4 of 4

2017-12-25, 14:53 PM

A couple of things.  First, are you disabling the right item in order to disable the card reader?  On my Thinkpad, the RealTek card reader is listed under the Memory Technology Devices heading in Windows Device Manager.

Secondly, to eliminate the problem you have after un-installing drivers with them automatically re-installing..... you can turn off the driver update feature of Windows 10.  Step #3 in the link below explains how.......

https://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-to-uninstall-and-block-updates-and-drivers-on-windows-10/

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save