Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemWindows 10
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

12-26-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

My laptop won’t finish resetting (stops partway)

2020-12-26, 22:34 PM

So my laptop has been working slowly for a while due to storage issues, and I attempted to fix that today. I deleted a bunch of stuff I never use from my laptop to free up space, but it was still slow. So then I tried to reset the entire laptop to factory settings. I am able to tell it that “yes, I do want to reset my whole entire computer to factory settings,” and it starts doing that. However, it hasn’t gone past 33% completion in resetting my laptop (the worst % is 26 in case anyone is wondering). It then says “undoing changes” and brings up a screen that says “There was a problem resetting your computer. Changes were undone.” I don’t get an error code and it hasn’t told me what exactly the issue is. I’ve defragmented storage, I’ve made sure to delete everything that it will let me (including Google chrome, I’m typing this out on my phone atm), and I’ve done diagnostic checks to try and figure out why it won’t just reset! If anyone has any idea why it’s being a pain in my ass, I’d love to know- and help from Lenovo or Microsoft themselves would be the best. Thanks, guys! 

C3587934-189B-4829-8CD6-EE9AE7458672.jpeg
Options

2498 Posts

05-01-2010

United States of America

12735 Signins

147123 Page Views

• Views: 147123
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:My laptop won’t finish resetting (stops partway)

2020-12-27, 4:44 AM

Hello,
 Have you seen this article that explains all the options for resetting? https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-10-Knowledge-Base/Reset-Windows-10/m-p/4522772

When Windows stops and backs out as yours did, it usually means something needed by Windows is missing (drivers, BIOS, etc.). 

If nothing in the article helps, and there are no other replies here, you might consider posting on Microsoft's Forum. Otherwise, a phone call to Microsoft may cost you. 
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-Present
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Using Browser Search to Find Your Answers In Lenovo and Moto Community
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms