Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zqhz
Paper Tape
Views: 161,801
Message 1 of 23

Power Manager Gauge: Error Occurred While Loading Resource Dll

Just installed windows 10. An dialog window pops up immediately after logon, saying: Power Manager Gauge: "Error occurred while loading resource dll". The power manager driver was up-to-date using System Update and Windows Update. The windows seems working fine after close the dialog.

Event log:

Faulting application name: rundll32.exe_PWMTR64V.dll, version: 10.0.10240.16384, time stamp: 0x559f39d6

Faulting module name: IMM32.dll_unloaded, version: 10.0.10240.16384, time stamp: 0x559f3b64

Exception code: 0xc000041d

Fault offset: 0x0000000000004c70

Faulting process id: 0x17bc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0cc1e64ae9c62

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe

Faulting module path: IMM32.dll

Report Id: dc5d2634-1815-4621-9b48-fdd9d21c8ba8

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

zqhz
Paper Tape
Views: 161,438
Message 2 of 23

Re: Power Manager Gauge: Error Occurred While Loading Resource Dll

I have also uninstalled power manager driver and reinstalled it back. Not helping.
zqhz
Paper Tape
Views: 162,871
Message 3 of 23

Solved. The error comes from the scheduled task by Lenovo Settings Power. By disabling the the task in the Task Scheduler, the error went away.

This does not affect the function of Lenovo Settings, just make the power information a bit slow to load.

andrew4ceo
Token Ring
Views: 160,779
Message 4 of 23

I'm getting this same error. What are the exact steps to disable the tasks

anna_yat
What's DOS?
Views: 159,454
Message 5 of 23

I have this problem also. What task exactly should I be disabling in the Task Scheduler?

lane4008
What's DOS?
Views: 158,439
Message 6 of 23

I don't see anything in Task Scheduler that I can relate to Power Manager.  Please, what should I be looking for? 

adipose
Punch Card
Views: 158,239
Message 7 of 23

I had this issue as well, but it was caused every time I started searching in Classic Shell...no idea why.

First, I removed the "Power Manager" as it is not supported by Windows 10.  Then, I installed "Lenovo Settings Dependency" or something, which installs some of the dlls for power management on windows 10.

Using procmon, I identifid that the dll it was trying to load was "pwmrc64v.dll".

The settings dependency had placed some similar files in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ThinkPad\Utilities\US

Specifically, PWMRT32V.DLL and PWMRT64V.DLL are there, but no PWMRC32V.DLL.

I identified this file "c:\Program Files\Lenovo\SettingsDependency\Power\setup.inx" as containing the reference to PWMRC64V.DLL.  It seems the dependency knows about PWMRC64V.DLL, but no such file is loaded.

From installing power manager before, I found the file PWMRC64V.DLL in C:\drivers\VISTA\PWRMGRV\US, and copied it to C:\Program Files (x86)\ThinkPad\Utilities\US.  I also copied PWMRC32V.dll just in case.

Since I did this, the error has gone away.

It is all very strange as the problem had come and gone when I installed Windows 10 before, but after uprading to the latest version of 10 (November update), suddenly the error was back.  It only seemed to popup when using Classic Shell, which is mystifying.

lanskya
Paper Tape
Views: 156,919
Message 8 of 23

I was finally able to make that annoying error message about the Power Manager Gauge stop by tracing it to its source using a great free tool from Sysinternals called Autouns https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx. The source of the error turned out to be an autorun task that targeted the file "PWMTR64V.dll".  I traced that task to the Lenovo folder of the Task Scheduler Library and deleted the task.  The Library was under Task Scheduler (within Computer Management, under Administrative Tools).   Smiley Happy

PS  When I first looked at Task Scheduler as someone else suggested I did not think to go into the Library and individual folders so I did not see the autorun task that was the cause of the problem.

SammySaySo
Punch Card
Views: 155,157
Message 9 of 23

I had the same issue but decided instead of diabling power management task scheduler at startup. It originally is set to execute 5 seconds from startup. I set it to delay startup for 30 seconds instead of 5 seconds. For now seems the longer delay fixed the issue without diabling it altogether.

DeeJP
Paper Tape
Views: 152,326
Message 10 of 23

I tried pretty much all of the above.

- Stopped running task - could not find scheduled task.

- msconfiged and disabled Lenovo PM

- set service to manual

- copied dlls

- dowloaded the latest Power Manager

- used system update to load latest PM gauge.

I still was getting a Power Manager Gauge error although it changed when I performed some of the steps.

Having a backup image of the computer I took a chance and ran a setup.exe in the following path:

c:\Program Files\Lenovo\SettingsDependency\Power

That copied all the dlls and apparently fixed the startup and registry as the errors have so far disappeared.

DeeJP