01-08-2019 06:44 AM
Solution described here: link doesn't work on Windows 10. However it is entirely possible to remap the ThinkVantage button on Windows 10. Here are the steps:
1. Open regedit as admin
2. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lenovo\ShortcutKey\AppLaunch (if the directory doesn't exist install Lenovo drivers)
3. In AppLaunch directory create a new Key called 'Ex_17' (without quotes)
4. In Ex_17 directory create a new Key called 'Desktop' (without quotes)
5. In Desktop directory create a new String value named File.
6. Right click on the newly created File value and select Modify option
7. In value data field provide path to the executable/batch script/whatever you want to launch
8. Save changes
9. Voila your thinkvantage button now launches whatever app you want on Windows 10
I literally created an account here to share this. Hope this helps.
01-21-2019 08:11 AM
03-31-2019 08:29 AM
Hi Yethal, Thank you for your post!!
I have a Thinkpad T520 with pre-installed win7, but after accidentally updated to win10, the blue thinkvantage button on the keyboard does not work anymore. And I even cannot use it to recover to win7 factory setting.
Could you please give some ideas? thank you so much!