Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CoachCurran
What's DOS?
Views: 3,009
Message 1 of 10

STILL no Wifi after Windows 10 update

I have tried EVERY solution on these forums and from Microsoft and I still cannot get Wi-Fi when my CPU updated.

I continually have to revert to Windows 8 to even use my CPU. Now my CPU automatically updates and is unusable...

Any help besides what' already been posted would be helpful...

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,972
Message 2 of 10

Re: STILL no Wifi after Windows 10 update

It would help to know what exact model of computer you have, what WiFi card/adapter you are having trouble with, and any other pertinent details that you can provide.

Cheers,

CoachCurran
What's DOS?
Views: 2,949
Message 3 of 10

Sorry,

I have a desktop, model 90F1

My wireless works completely fine with all my other devices and works fine with this CPU with all other versions of Windows except 10...

Thanks for any help.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,940
Message 4 of 10

It appears that you have a Lenovo 300s-08IHH 90F1

That model could have either a Realtek, Intel or Qualcomm WiFi adapter, so can you please do the following to verify what model your system has?

• Right click on Start
  • Left click to select Device Manager
  • Left click on Network Adapters to expand that section
  • Locate your WiFi (Wireless LAN) adapter
  • Right-click on you WiFi (Wireless LAN) Adapter, select Properties, and then click on the Driver Tab

Please provide the full description of the adapter shown at the top of the window, as well as the full driver version and date?

Windows 10's Creators Editions created some problems, so an updated driver may be needed for your system to work properly, which can be found here under the Networking: Wireless Lan (4) section, but you need to determine which wireless card you have in order to download the proper driver. 

Take Care,

CoachCurran
What's DOS?
Views: 2,930
Message 5 of 10

Thanks so much for the info so far. I tried to update my driver but it says I already have the most up to date one...

I attached 2 pictures of my screen...

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,916
Message 6 of 10

I do not see any later driver for that card for the Ideacentre 300S-08IHH Desktop (that is your system correct), but I do see one for the Thinkpad that you can try installing.   If it is not the right driver it will just fail to install, but I believe it is the right driver.

Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless LAN Driver (Windows 10 (64-bit) version 12.0.0.318  dated 8/21/2017)

https://support.lenovo.com/fr/en/downloads/ds119729

Good Luck,

CoachCurran
What's DOS?
Views: 2,912
Message 7 of 10

Yea, that's the one I have installed... 

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,908
Message 8 of 10

Your screenshot showed an earlier 2016 version.    Did you try installing the later one I posted the link for?

CoachCurran
What's DOS?
Views: 2,891
Message 9 of 10

I thought it was the same one. I'll give that a try later today. 

Thanks again for the help. Enjoy your holiday!

CoachCurran
What's DOS?
Views: 2,729
Message 10 of 10

Hello again,

I was about to try to install the one you showed me in a previos post, but can't get online to do so. So I tried, as I usually do, to go back to the older build of Windows and now it doesn't even give me the option to do that. It only gives me the option to reset my PC completely... 

This is absolutely maddening!

Top Kudoed Authors