Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
momers
Fanfold Paper
Views: 962
Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2nd OLED: Win10 Fall Creators Update (1709) issues

Hi Guys,

Looking to consolidate the list of issues I have with my TP since updating to Win10 Fall Creators Update (1709) update. And I am looking for help in resolving the outstanding issues. I have gone through the common resolution methods on this official Lenovo site as well as from this collection of tips. Outstanding issues below.

1. Keyboard AUTO backlight setting is not working, light doesn't come on when its dark on its own.

2. Auto screen brightness control is not working

3. Screen rotation button is still greyed out in the sidebar as well as settings

4. OLED colour profile settings had stopped working and disappeared. (But this fix worked)

5. Intel SGX drivers were busted (finally updated on their own via Win10)

Now for 1, 2 and 3, I think this is an integrated sensors issue and I have tried uninstalling the Intel Sensor Solution device drivers from Device Manager and then updated the drives through Lenovo Companion. Nothing changed.

Windows Update later also installed an update called Intel Integrated Sensor Solution but these issues have not gone away.

On a positive note, this Win10 update and the related updates to Synaptics touchpad drivers resolved the issue of the cooling fan being constantly being on (this forum attributed the issue to bad synaptics drivers).

Anyone else facing the same issue related to sensors on this machine? As of 5 minutes ago, there were no new updates on LenovoCompanion or on Win10.

Thanks

sygnus21
Fanfold Paper
Views: 777
Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2nd OLED: Win10 Fall Creators Update (1709) issues

1. 1- Keyboard AUTO backlight setting is not working, light doesn't come on when its dark on its own.

Are you sure you have auto backlight on? And be aware you can toggle the KB backlighting features by holding down the FN key and cycling the spacebar.  Note the backlight icon on the spacebar.  

Also, if you’ve got Lenovo settings (now integrated into Companion) installed, you can set the Backlight feature there. If you’ve removed the software, you can try the FN / Spacebar method.

1. 2. Auto screen brightness control is not working

You’ll need to go to Power Options under Control Panel to enable Adaptive Brightness under Display.  I personally turn it off as I find it an annoyance. 

1. 3. Screen rotation button is still greyed out in the sidebar as well as settings

That one is interesting. I have the same thing, but haven’t figured out why yet. Anyway, when the laptop is in tablet mode it auto rotates anyway so I guess I haven’t notice an issue? If I put it in tent mode it still auto rotates. And I just tested it upon writing this reply.

1. 4. OLED colour profile settings had stopped working and disappeared. (But this fix worked)

No issue here. And I read the link, didn’t have that issue.  And I am running the 1709 update.

1. 5. Intel SGX drivers were busted (finally updated on their own via Win10)

Not clear on what Intel SGX drivers are, but if you mean graphics driver, didn’t have any issues there.

For me,  I’ve updated two laptops and a desktop and haven’t found many major issues. Some annoyance here and there but fixable. Overall though I have a positive experience. 

As for the Yoga, for me, I’ve not experienced the issues you have.  And I have the 2017 decked out unit with the OLED screen.  Again, that's me though.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors