cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Think10
Paper Tape
Views: 2,025
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad 10 1st gen not supported for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Build 1709

I tried to update my Thinkpad 10 1st gen 20C1 tablet from Build 1703 to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Build 1709, but the touch screen, webcam and sound are not working and Edge often freezes. On the Lenovo website it is not in the list of tested (i.e. supported) models. But Build 1703 works fine. Has Lenovo not a moral obligation to keep supporting this model? Anyone similar problems...and solutions?

Ovy76
What's DOS?
Views: 1,829
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad 10 1st gen not supported for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Build 1709

I have same tablet, only solution is to stop update windows 10 FCU (Fall Creators Update), no big deal, after this update my tab stop work camera, light, power and touch is dead, go to Windows Updates/Restart Option/Back to prewiw widnows, after roll back the windows  choose Current Branch for bussines adn pause Updates PC on my local

niask
What's DOS?
Views: 1,781
Message 3 of 5

Re: Thinkpad 10 1st gen not supported for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Build 1709

Came here to say that touch screen didn't work for 2nd gen neither and was ready to rollback to 1703 but now for some reason it began to work and seems to work fine! Strange things though...

Upd: nope, I was too fast. Touch screen doesn't work in Windows 10 Build 1709 on ThinkPad 10 2ng Generation (Type 20E4). The keyboard with touchpad (Lenovo's accessory) works in a strange way: touchpad is working for ~5 seconds than stops until any key is pressed.

Lenovo was too optimistic adding this device into their compatibility list:

https://support.lenovo.com/fr/ru/solutions/ht505322

Please fix! For now I have to rollback to 1703.

Highlighted
alvarinni
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,376
Message 4 of 5

Hello,

I had the exact same issue with my gen1, tried a few things but this is what worked for me:

Reinstall the Chipset drivers located in C:\DRIVERS\WIN\Chipset.

I just run setup.exe and as it was running devices showed up and now everything is Working! Cameras, touch, stylus, volume control and the battery meter, I didn't even have to reboot!

As you can see in the pictures there are more (duplicate) devices in device manager->Human interface devices and System devices but everything seems ok. Enjoy!

HID.jpgsystem dev.jpg

iati
Paper Tape
Views: 752
Message 5 of 5

Thank you for sharing this.

I have thinkpad 10 gen1, still with build 1703.

Didn't manage to update to build 1709, probably due to other reason, the update process stops at 42%, and automatically rolls back to 1703.

But if it is possible I will try to find how to overcome this issue (will be happy for tips how to solve it).

However, I see that I don't have the subdirectory Chipset under C:\DRIVERS\WIN. Is it possible to get it from some other source?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors