Options

2 Posts

01-24-2019

IT

1 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad E540 - No network connection after Windows 10 Update 1709 build 16299.98

2019-01-24, 7:48 AM

Lenovo Thinkpad E540 Laptop version 1703 build 15063.726 with an automatic update to 1709 build 16299.98.

Once the update finished the install I had no network connections available. I looked in settings and there were no network adapters listed. I had an ethernet adapter, a wi-fi adapter, and I was also able to tether my phone for a network connection previous to the update. After the update the network adapters were all gone. 

I looked in the forums for suggestions, but mostly the suggestions were to update the drivers. This was impossible because there was no way for me to connect to the internet.

I tryed:

Following this article https://support.lenovo.com/us/nl/solutions/ht505322

my laptop is not listed as officially supported for this update, but I assumeit could work somehow since the previous build works just fine..

What should I do? throw my laptop into the trash?

Restore the previous build 1703 is not an option since:

• I can delay this update only for a limited time (very very annoying, it is the third time I was forced to install the 1709 update and forced again to rollback to the previous one)
  • 1709 build has some virtualization features I need

Many thanks to anyone helping me.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms