Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suebear
Punch Card
Views: 948
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad R400 Windows 10 screwed it up

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad R400  I have used https://download.lenovo.com/eol/  to get my Pc info.  

Ive upgraded to windows 10 but i cleared the drive C Drive   so i have no lonovo programes left on the pc, I have Problems  on window 10 it s been trying to update for 3 days

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709  Fails then down loads and the fails on and on  

The CD disc dose not work. And i am just feed up with it i do have a lenono recovery Q on my c drive it looks empty but there is 3 GB of data on it. I would normally press F8 a do a reset but this no longer works.So in short

I have a window s 7 disc if i enstalled this and used this activation number for windows 7 Pro would this work Then using the info on this form could i get this back to normal as before the windows update 10 with lenovo programes pcdlauncher ,lenovo update, levovo recovery ect ect

Moderator comment: Formatting fixed.

suebear
Punch Card
Views: 903
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad R400 Windows 10 screwed it up

I need a few questions answered plse help

1) i read that the Q drive back up can only be used once, Then it shows up as disc is empty.  is this corect 

2)i did a reset it seems better but updates keep trying to install futrue updates 1703 for the past 3 days si i am to hide it using 

This on microsoft support

It seems to be working  but now i have no more updates so cant be sure any one else used this 

3) i need a driver for the fingerprint reader as i love the fact i i use this to log in but cant find it any where 

4) i need a driver for the PCI Simple Communications Controller

If i can fix these issues i will be a happy girl PLEASE HELP ME SOME ONE ANY ONE 

Thanx in advance 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors