04-07-2018

GB

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 3

Very frequent BSODs

2020-09-06, 3:26 AM

Hello, my laptop has been having various BSODs throughout this year. In a day it can restart once every two hours. The most common errors are memory management, unexpected store exception, kernel data inpage error, critical process died, bad system config info and invalid data access trap.

The very first error last year was Driver irql not less or equal,

Nwifi.sys failed.

Today it has been saying Default boot device missing or boot failed. After I force it to restart it goes into a BSOD after about 5 minutes and this keeps repeating to the point I can't download the new DMP files.

Attached are DMP files from last week and the file from running MSinfo32.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LmxhlSWY5EuppT-NukO8yLZ7zDNN3Pbv?usp=sharing

Options

3906 Posts

12-11-2015

US

4399 Signins

49672 Page Views

• Views: 49672
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Very frequent BSODs

2020-09-06, 4:39 AM

From what you describe, and from what I can see in the minidump files, they point to a failing hard disk, so I would recommend you immediately backup any important data on that system.     Once your data is securely backed up, run a hardware scan of just the HDD (custom scan) using Lenovo Diagnostics or Lenvovo Vantage.   

From 083020-13546-01.dmp

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000006 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0x%x.

MODULE_NAME: hardware_disk

IMAGE_NAME:  hardware_disk

My guess is that your HDD will also be reporting errors to the Windows System Event Log.

How to view Windows System Event Log

• Right-click Start >> Event Viewer, and then expand Windows Logs >> System, and look for events marked Critical and Error.   If desired, you can click on Filter Current Log... and check the boxes to show only Event Levels Critical and Error level events.

Best of luck,

Options

2 Posts

04-07-2018

GB

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Very frequent BSODs

2020-09-06, 6:41 AM

Thank you very much for the speedy reply. I shall try what you suggested when I am a able.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete