RO

8 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 3

WiFi keeps disconnecting while downloading

2020-11-21, 16:32 PM

Hello,

My Lenovo laptop is Legion Y530-15ICH and I'm running Windows 10. I'm having issues with the WiFi connectivity and I didn't manage how to solve it. The description would be the following: while downloading something the WiFi connection drops. The Windows Icon shows that it is connected, but to solve the issue I have to click "Troubleshoot Problems" which only does a WiFi adapter restart.

It can occur at random too, but predominantly while downloading.

My ISP is not at fault. How do I know that? While connected through Ethernet, everything works fine, I have no issues whatsoever. Besides that, my roommate also has a laptop and his WiFi connection works perfectly.

Now, for the solution, I really am clueless because I tried everything that I can google from Power Management to Cmd commands like: ipconfig /flushdns > ipconfig /registerdns > netsh winsock reset >netsh int ip reset > ipconfig /renew.

Nothing evidently comes to my attention, and I'm starting to get frustrated since I cannot play online games, and now with online Courses sometimes the connection drops and it is really annoying and inconvenient.

I start to think this is a hardware issue, but before taking the laptop to some checkup and repairs I wanna ask the Lenovo community for support.

Thanks for your time.

Options

5 Posts

10-22-2020

US

6 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

WiFi keeps disconnecting while downloading

2020-11-24, 17:07 PM
Hello Stefan_Hello, Did you recently update drivers, or check if you need to update the drivers, also, have you change any configuration of the Wifi device property?
Options

5 Posts

08-23-2020

RO

8 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

Re:WiFi keeps disconnecting while downloading

2020-11-25, 13:22 PM

Hello, I believe I'm up to date with the WiFi drivers since neither Windows nor Lenovo Vantage recommends installing a driver for WiFi.

The only thing that I did change for the WiFi device is in Power Management: Allow the computer to turn off...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete