Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robintexas
Paper Tape
Views: 841
Message 1 of 3

Windows 10 Fall Creators update and Visual C++ incompatability

1 day ago installed the Windows 10 Fall Creators update and now during bootup I get multiple Bad Image File messages for MSVCR110.dll and MSVCP120.dll.  These are mostly associated with Nividia and Synapse with an occasional reader.sl.exe.  Correcting this problem seems to be problematic.  The redistribute Visual C++ software comes from the same company that initiated the incompatability issue in the first place.  Removal and reistallation of the RZ Synapse is about an 8 step process that I have not tried yet.  If someone has experienced these issues and found a reasonable Fix please point me in the the general direction.  Y900 RE is my computer.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 836
Message 2 of 3

Re: Windows 10 Fall Creators update and Visual C++ incompatability

I think you are more likely to find someone to provide the help you need on the Microsoft technet forums:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
robintexas
Paper Tape
Views: 750
Message 3 of 3

Re: Windows 10 Fall Creators update and Visual C++ incompatability

I may have found the culprit.  Acrobat Reader DC would not open and I had a bad image file associated when attempting to open reader dc.  Was going to delete and reinstall but opted for repair from the add/remove apps program.  After repair Reader DC opens, Synapes opens and runs normaly, and Nividia appears normal.  Subsequent reboots with no bad image files warnings.  So maybe it is fixed.  It never would have occured to me that one program could effect so many others after an update.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors