cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luppa
Fanfold Paper
Views: 930
Message 41 of 46

Re: windows 10 version broken synaptics fingerprint reader on X1 Yoga (2nd) AND X1 Carbon 5th ed

Thank you ! I hope that's a permanent fix, as it's the fourth time since I've had my computer that my fingerprint reader stopped working

lenovo-flex-4
Paper Tape
Views: 695
Message 42 of 46

Re: windows 10 version 1803 broke synaptics fingerprint reader on X1 Yoga (2nd)

Hi

I been having the same problem

can u please help me out by sharing the link for the drivers required for my laptop i.e Lenovo Flex 4-1580 Laptop - Type 80VE

Please and thank you

Luppa
Fanfold Paper
Views: 689
Message 43 of 46

Hi, just try following kji216's answer.
You can download the SGX thingy from this link : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27234/Intel-Software-Guard-Extensions-Intel-SGX-for-Window...
It's the one I used and it worked perfectly.
lenovo-flex-4
Paper Tape
Views: 681
Message 44 of 46

Thank you for replying

I tried with the link you shared me but it gave me this error

Luppa
Fanfold Paper
Views: 672
Message 45 of 46

The fingerprint driver seems to have a problem on all the Lenovo computers and yet they're not doing anything about it .... It's a horrible headache everytim

I've had this problem a few times, and every time I solved it in a different way. You should try :
- Uninstalling the driver from device manager, and restarting. Check if it works.
If it doesn't :
- Install this https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/e1yf03af.exe. Restart.
- If it still doesn't work, try using a driver updater tool. Always restart after updating the driver.
- If it's still not working I would go into the bios and change some options. I'm honestly not sure what exactly but maybe something about enabling intel sgx, or changing legacy mode to uefi. Another thing you should do is make sure your bios is updated (you can do it here : https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/flex-series/flex-4-1580/downloads)

That's all I can think of right now, I hope you can fix it. Whenever you try a fix, restart right after, it's very important

Highlighted
deadtechnology
Paper Tape
Views: 63
Message 46 of 46

Ok, so I've read this solution a dozen times, but I can't find the old device to uninstall in the device manager. Where is it locaed? I found one synaptic device, but it's not synaptics WBD, it's Synaptics SM bus, and as far as i can tell, that's the only synaptics driver. I've gfot a 2017 Thinkpad X1.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors