Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nicolas_B_FR
What's DOS?
Views: 3,439
Message 11 of 34

Carbon X1 5th Windows 10 1803 Upgrade - Computer Freezing

Hello,

I have some issues after upgrading my Carbon X1 5th to Windows 10 1803 published yesterday from Windows Update.

I have installed the update this morning and everything seems to be ok, but this afternoon my computer has frozen :

- My screen seems to be normal with mouse icon and my apps.

- Mouse icon was moving normally.

- But :

* if I click somewhere, no reaction of the computer.

* Ctrl ALt Del wasn't more responsive.

The only way that I have find is to hard shutdown the computer. After the shutdown, computer is working normally during  variable time from a few minutes to several hours before a new freeze.

I have already try the previous Candidate Windows 1803 version (Build 17133.1)  and I had the same issues.

The only workaround that I have found is to remove the update.

I'm using the Lenovo Windows image from the recovery tool.

Have someone else the same issue ?

Thank you.

dedralbrown
What's DOS?
Views: 3,609
Message 12 of 34

Re: Windows 1803 causes regular crashing

I am also having this issue.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,565
Message 13 of 34

All,

I'm collecting share links from your Feedback Hub reports. Please post back here with those URL's so they can be upvoted by other consumers who have the same problem. The sooner that is done, the sooner the problems will be addressed. Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-10-Knowledge-Base/The-Windows-10-Feedback-Hub/ta-p/4008087

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-Present
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

helpfulguy
What's DOS?
Views: 3,397
Message 14 of 34

Re: Carbon X1 5th Windows 10 1803 Upgrade - Computer Freezing

Same issue here.  X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Had about 8 lock ups since the Windows 10 April Update yesterday.  Sometimes a few minutes apart, sometimes a few hours.  Today for example, I went 7 hours without a lockup.  Then it locked up, I powered it down, powered it back up, and it locked up again 5 minutes later.  Haven't had that issue so far on any of the other (non-Lenovo) machines I've updated.  Some sort of driver issue, I would assume.  One time yesterday, I let the computer sit for about 10 minutes and it did become responsive again, but that didn't work after the crashes today.

Orin_Thomas
What's DOS?
Views: 3,481
Message 15 of 34

Got my first crash again after updating drivers on the TP 25 after 5 hours use, so it doesn't look like updating drivers mitigates whatever is causing this behavior.

Orin_Thomas
What's DOS?
Views: 3,436
Message 16 of 34

Feedback Hub link https://aka.ms/AA17qyh

mikaelo
Punch Card
Views: 3,411
Message 17 of 34

Same, same. T450s 20BX, with all the latest drivers. Got extreme problem with reliability after the 1803 upgrade. Standby/Wake up is not working as it should anymore. Machines kind of hangs often going into sleep, but strange enough I can some time wake it up by repeatedly pressing the Fn-key. So not sure if the problem is going into sleep or coming out of it. Anyone got a troubleshoot steps which could be done to isolate what causes it? The problem is a bit erratic so it hard to pinpoint when and in what situation it hangs. Only way out is a long press on the powerbutton. Working on a Feedback-hub report to MS.
lenanto
SCSI Port
Views: 3,388
Message 18 of 34

Intel HD Graphics update for Windows 10 v1803 not yet available on Lenovo machines?

Intel has released a new graphics driver for their integrated graphics on April 26th, which specifically mentions "Microsoft® Windows 10 April Update Launch Driver". However, this hasn't been pushed to the Lenovo side of things yet for at least some computers (e.g. my X1 Carbon that uses the HD Graphics 620 chip).

The Intel version is 24.20.100.6025, whereas for me the latest version on the Lenovo site is only from April 17th, v23.20.16.5018. On my machine, I can't use the Intel version directly, rather it has to be the Lenovo customized one (that isn't issued yet).

To those that have updated all the drivers from Lenovo, does that include whether your particular Lenovo graphics driver has been updated to this latest version from Intel after April 26th?

leno-g560
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,301
Message 19 of 34

Re: Carbon X1 5th Windows 10 1803 Upgrade - Computer Freezing

I can't even get it to install... I guess it's a driver or device incombatibility...

Shame really... I have all the latest drivers and it's not working (although the x1 carbon is the flagship laptop and on the list of compatible devices with the new OS version)...

Will Lenovo do something about it?

Orin_Thomas
What's DOS?
Views: 3,321
Message 20 of 34

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors