cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swe_jar
Paper Tape
Views: 853
Message 1 of 4

X1 Carbon Gen5: Sierra Wireless EM7455 fail to connect after hibernate on Win10 Fall Creators Update

I have problems connecting the Sierra Wireless EM7455 after hibernate on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709). Windows states there is no APN.

Disabling powersaving on the device resolves the issue.

Any new drivers on the way ? 

Lenovo Employee Rydeen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 731
Message 2 of 4

Re: X1 Carbon Gen5: Sierra Wireless EM7455 fail to connect after hibernate on Win10 Fall Creators Up

Dear customer,

Sorry for slow response.

ThinkPad development team is working to solve various EM7455 issues which triggered by Win10 Fall Creators Update. We'd like to clarify how did you avoid the symptom by doing "Disabling powersaving on the device".  Can you advice us clearly where you modified, do you mean uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" setting of EM7455 Power Management tab on Device Manager?

swe_jar
Paper Tape
Views: 726
Message 3 of 4

Re: X1 Carbon Gen5: Sierra Wireless EM7455 fail to connect after hibernate on Win10 Fall Creators Up

Exactly i unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" setting on the device.

Highlighted
Elekrep
Paper Tape
Views: 56
Message 4 of 4

Same issue (EM7455) i think. The modem stops working on Hibernate ("No service"), but not on Stand-by.

I've tried

1. Device manager -> Disable selective suspend

2. Device manager -> Disable "allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"

3. Power options -> Changed medium power saving to maximum performance on wireless adapter settings 

No help from these.

The only thing that works is Disable/Enable the Sierra Wireless modem via the Device manager.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors