cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psun786
Punch Card
Views: 2,720
Message 1 of 13

X16C April 2018 update (1803) broke color setting in Lenovo Vantage?

Just updated to Win10 ver 1803 aka April 2018 / Spring Creators update. Now the color setting in Lenovo Vantage no longer work. It doesn't change no matter which color profile I choose. Aside from this, night light in Win10 also stopped working. It is not grey out, but no effect regardless on or off.

Can anyone that is on 1803 confirm this? 

jackzh2011
SCSI Port
Views: 2,695
Message 2 of 13

Re: X16C April 2018 update (1803) broke color setting in Lenovo Vantage?

Same problem on X1Y3, except Night Light seems to be still working. I re-installed ChromaTrue and the Intel Graphics Driver from Lenovo's support site and it didn 't fix the problem.

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 2,619
Message 3 of 13

@psun786 wrote:

Just updated to Win10 ver 1803 aka April 2018 / Spring Creators update. Now the color setting in Lenovo Vantage no longer work. It doesn't change no matter which color profile I choose. 

Can anyone that is on 1803 confirm this? 

I updated, and same here on an X1Y3 with HDR screen, the Lenovo color settings don't do anything anymore. My expensive HDR panel has the same oversaturated color that I fought so hard with when I first got this machine, except now switching to "Standard" doesn't fix it. Smiley Sad

I tried a reboot, didn't help. I tried hitting Reset under Wide-Gamut Display Settings in the Vantage app and choosing any of the color profiles. No change. 

Pepsinio
Punch Card
Views: 2,591
Message 4 of 13

Same issue here
tvBilly1
SCSI Port
Views: 2,550
Message 5 of 13

Same here with my X1Yoga (Gen2 OLED).

This is nothing new though. Seems to happen every time there's a major update to windows, or an update to the intel graphics driver. The solutions proposed in the past don't seem to be working now (from reports in one of the other threads about this), but I'm on the road now and won't have time to try them all until I get back next week. Hopefully someone from Lenovo will chime in with the current solution once they figure it out.

skydogundead
Paper Tape
Views: 2,506
Message 6 of 13

Same problem. Please fix it

Highlighted
Guru
Views: 2,475
Message 7 of 13

Yes I can confirm.  Brand new X1 Yoga 3rd gen.  None of the color profiles work.  Whether I choose it from within Vantage OR from desktop by right clicking and choosing different color profile.  As someone else noted night light still works though.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

navjay
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,378
Message 8 of 13

Have the same issue after upgrading to 1803. Running the chromatune setup from Program data/Lenovo/IMController/temp doesn't work like it used to. Awaiting a fix, but in the meantime changing intel graphics panel color settings from vivid colors to natural colors makes it easier on the eye.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,286
Message 9 of 13

The quickest way to get these update issues fixed is to use the Windows 10 Feedback Hub to send your report to Microsoft.
Copy and share the link to your feedback so that others with the same problem can upvote your feedback.
Upvoting moves your report up for Microsoft engineers to address ASAP.
Here are instructions for submitting feedback and posting the URL to a forum discussion:
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-10-Knowledge-Base/The-Windows-10-Feedback-Hub/ta-p/4008087

After you have done that, please come back to this discussion and post the link to your feedback so it can be given priority.  Thank you!

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

tvBilly1
SCSI Port
Views: 2,171
Message 10 of 13

Hi Bugbatter,

I appreciate your suggestion, and I'm sure it won't hurt to report this to Microsoft, but if you take a moment to read the miriad threads about the Lenovo chromatune problems when updating certain Windows items, as well as major system updates, you will see that this problem is not with Microsoft or Windows, but with the way Lenovo manages chromatune for the OLED screens on the 1st and 2nd Generation X1Yogas, and now the HDR screen on the Gen 3 as well as other models that now support Lenovo's chromatune.

A number of Lenovo employees (Rydeen and hzfdbd come to mind) have left detailed instructions on how to fix the problem when it's happened in the past, and they all involve using Lenovo installers to fix the problem by reinstalling chromatune, (which is NOT a Windows/Microsoft problem). Unfortunately, the last set of instructions on how to re-install chromatune is no longer working.

Here is a thread link to check out, if you like: Click me. If you would like some more thread links, I'll be happy to provide them.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors