PT

11 Signins

143 Page Views

• Views: 143
  • Message 1 of 3

Y700-15ISK Windows 10 1803 update Keyboard issue

2018-05-26, 13:15 PM

Hello,

As the title explains, my Lenovo Y700-15ISK has a keyboard issue that only started happening after the update.

A simple description is, when I'm playing league of legends (And I'm going to assume every other game), after some time, the keyboard just stops working.  The only solution is to restart the computer. Even FN + SPACEBAR to turn the keyboard lights on/off does not work. 

I assume this only happens in games because I've worked entire afternoons with it after the update and the keyboard never failed, only after 1 and a half ARAM game average.

(Each game takes about 25 minutes, so after 35-40 minutes of play keyboard fails, but I suppose the failure is at random time).

I've tried to use past solutions to the same problem, which were to uninstall the keyboard drivers and let them install by themselves in the next boot, but if I try to uninstall while in a session where the issue has happened, the uninstall bar just keeps on going on an infinite loop. And if I try to reboot by software methods (Windows shutdown/restart) I get a BSOD and the PC restarts in a BIOS menu to choose, if I'm not mistaken, "Menu Default Key" or something along this lines. At this point the keyboard does not work either.

The only bandaid fix is to restart the hard way, holding the Power button for a while.

If I try to uninstall the drivers in a new session/boot, they uninstall but the issue persists after a new gaming session.

I'll format my PC and give it a fresh new start, and I'll know almost certainly it is because of the update. At this point it can be a second-plan app running and breaking things, but its a bad timing to be a coincidence with the update.

Thank you, hope you find a solution soon, I hope this detailed description of the issue helps. I'll report back when I clean my PC. 

Options

5 Posts

12-26-2015

PT

11 Signins

143 Page Views

• Views: 143
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Y700-15ISK Windows 10 1803 update Keyboard issue

2018-06-19, 19:18 PM
Nothing, issue persists. I'd like an answer, thanks in advance.
Options

1 Posts

10-08-2018

IN

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Y700-15ISK Windows 10 1803 update Keyboard issue

2018-10-19, 15:43 PM

Hey there,

Lenovo Nerve Sense has the capability of shutting off keyboard input under the name "Prevent mistaken input". There is a chance that somehow it gets turned midway through the game. Uninstall Nerve sense and retry.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete