Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemWindows 10
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

08-06-2015

United Kingdom

18 Signins

168 Page Views

• Views: 168
  • Message 31 of 113

Re: Yoga 2 13 laptop - Windows 10 issues

2015-08-06, 9:31 AM

wrote:

I would like to know how many people with Yoga 2 13 laptops running Windows 10 are experiencing a problem with sleep mode.

If you are experiencing a problem, could you please share more details?

Thank you,

Hi Amy and everyone struggling to use their laptopsSmiley Happy,

User of Leonovo Yoga 2 13, when installed W10 was having couple of issues but downgraded back to windows 8.1 as never got my issues fixed and turning off your 2015 model laptop by holding the button was not good enough for me,

Upgraded from windows 8.1 without most of the apps (there was a website stating which software needs to be deleted prior to update - which i have done),
update went smooth but some annoying facts are pushing me back to win 8.1 until MS + Lenovo will sort this out:

A) shutdown/sleep issue driving me nuts, window's 10 wont shut down properly

B)Windows mail app does not show any notification about emails in the action centre or some kind of pop up (as on windows 8.1) - I have ticked some options to do so in windows mail app
This has been resolved by new update that came out yesterday for W1 -  as today on my PC I've got notifications in the action centre abaut new emails - well not quite - every time when i reboot it shows new emails - no notification about a new emails still

C)instead action centre shows some random notifications but when you go there there is no notifications

D)no Lenovo Energy Management app for windows 10 for my model and windows 8.1 version I think creates the shutdown issue (as stated in the first post), conservation mode didn't want to work either

E)WiFi issue, randomly windows will restart the wifi adapter

F) microphone volume very low (as stated in the first post)

G)long time to boot (fast boot was on)

Back on windows 8.1 and obviously the downgrade wasn't nothing like a walk in the park, because i was trying to update all the driver to most current ones (W10 drivers), when downgraded most of the app didn't want to work and trying to uninstall them was a pickle, had to restore my laptop completely, but this is all fine...

Funny thing is that W10 is flying on my custom build PC (well not quite as action centre issue + wi-fi random restart + no mail notification but its shutting down and booting up properly:)), not on Lenovo Yoga.

Thank you

Regards

Options

17 Posts

08-05-2015

Brisbane

32 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 32 of 113

2015-08-06, 23:32 PM

wrote:

I would like to know how many people with Yoga 2 13 laptops running Windows 10 are experiencing a problem with sleep mode.

If you are experiencing a problem, could you please share more details?

Thank you,

yeah I have problems with sleep mode. my yoga 2 win 10 does not enter sleep mode. I press the button and the screen goesoff but everything els stays on. the power light stays on. It drains battery life over night. I have tried playing with power settings and un installing/then re installing energy monitor. no change.

Options

39 Posts

05-02-2014

Wisconsin

44 Signins

464 Page Views

• Views: 464
  • Message 33 of 113

2015-08-07, 2:55 AM

I can't even upgrade to windows 10.  Every time I try I get the message "you can't install windows to a USB drive using setup"

Does this have something to do with the Hybrid drive?

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,

Ski

Options

8 Posts

08-06-2015

United Kingdom

18 Signins

168 Page Views

• Message 34 of 113

2015-08-07, 9:34 AM

Hi all,

I have been looking online to try to sort this out (shutdown issue) and have found that its not only Lenovo laptops struggling with this, new HP spectre 360 has got the same thing and most of the HP ultrabooks are struggling with the shutdown (not going to post a link as might get axed by web admin:), so this must be a Windows energy management issue somwhere down the line.

Don't know if Lenovo should go straight to MS with this issue as most of the HP users been advised not to upgrade until the W10 SR1 which should come out beginning of August (10th some say:smileyhappy:) - advised by users that upgraded already.

Personall I will wait untill someone will post that the issues is gone, as mentioned before switching off my laptop using the power button its not the way to go.

Regards

Options

8 Posts

08-06-2015

United Kingdom

18 Signins

168 Page Views

• Message 35 of 113

2015-08-07, 12:53 PM

wrote:

I can't even upgrade to windows 10.  Every time I try I get the message "you can't install windows to a USB drive using setup"

Does this have something to do with the Hybrid drive?

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,

Ski

Hi Ski,

Try this (from google)

• Go to the Metro screen and type in Control Panel
  • Then clicking System and Maintenance, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Computer Management
  • In the Navigation pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.
  • Right-click the primary partition that you want to make active, and then click Mark Partition as Active.

Reboot and try again

If doesnt help try this then:

The other fix few users reported as being helpful, was to change a registry value. Please be careful while working in the registry. Make sure you create a backup of registry before you proceed.

• From the Desktop screen press Win + R
  • Type in Regedit
  • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
  • Change the value PortableOperatingSystem to “0” from 1.

Regards

AK

Options

17 Posts

08-05-2015

Brisbane

32 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 36 of 113

2015-08-08, 21:57 PM

i think I have a solution. 

Very basically, I usinstalled the intel graphics drivers and restarted the computer. This takes away the power settings because they are controlled by the graphics driver. I then downloaded the win10 drivers, which I thought I already installed, and reinstalled them. 

had my yoga2 closed lid un plugged last night at 21%. I opened the lid and started it up perfectly this morning and it was still at 21%. it had frozen or drained the battery. 

SOLUTION: Go to control panel by right click start button then go to control panel then go to program and features. uninstalled the Intel graphic drivers. Shut down and wait 10secs and start it up again. download win 10 intel drivers from the lenovo support section and restart again. 

Make sure you go and re do your power settings to suit your needs. This seemed to work for me 2 days later no more issues. Only a little screen glitch flicker on off on start up before login screen.

Enjoy

Options

24 Posts

07-11-2015

Sweden

58 Signins

377 Page Views

• Views: 377
  • Message 37 of 113

2015-08-08, 22:12 PM
@aza510 i have tried the same, but the standby/shutdown bug persists at least on my yoga 2 13...
Options

1609 Posts

09-16-2014

United States of America

3048 Signins

61403 Page Views

• Views: 61403
  • Message 38 of 113

2015-08-10, 14:53 PM

Legas,

Have you updated the Energy Manager and Flight Mode Manager for Windows 10? It can be downloaded here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds103640

I'd also like feedback from other customers to see if removing Energy Manager for Win 8.1 or replacing it with the Windows 10 driver restores expected sleep mode function.

Thank you,

Options

39 Posts

05-02-2014

Wisconsin

44 Signins

464 Page Views

• Views: 464
  • Message 39 of 113

2015-08-10, 15:31 PM

Thanks,

I found these procedures and tried them but with no luck.

For the first solution the partition is already active.

For the second solution the registry key does not exist on my system.  I plan to try inserting the key to see if it will work but have not had time to do so yet.

Based on all of the issues that seem to surround this update I may just wait until SR! comes out before apllying it to my machine.

Thanks,

Ski

Options

1 Posts

08-10-2015

usa

4 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 40 of 113

2015-08-10, 16:07 PM

I tried to install the energy and flight mode driver that you posted, but the install failed.

My issue:

I have a Yoga 2 13 (not pro) running windows 10. My computer doesn't go to sleep, it just turns off the display and keeps running until the battery is dead. No hibernation, no critical shutdown, just a dead battery. It also can't wake up once the screen goes blank and it tries to go to sleep. I can turn the keyboard backlight on and off, but I cannot wake the screen back up. I have to hold the power button and restart the computer to use it again.

The following is the command line output of the install.cmd for the energy/flight manager

C:\drivers\Energy_Manager_and_Flight_Mode_Driver>install.cmd

C:\drivers\Energy_Manager_and_Flight_Mode_Driver>pushd C:\drivers\Energy_Manager_and_Flight_Mode_Driver\AcpiVpc\AMD64\ C:\drivers\Energy_Manager_and_Flight_Mode_Driver\AcpiVpc\AMD64>pnputil.exe -i -a *.inf

Microsoft PnP Utility

Processing inf : AcpiVpc.inf Failed to install the driver on any of the devices on the system : No more data is available.

Total attempted: 1 Number successfully imported: 0

C:\drivers\Energy_Manager_and_Flight_Mode_Driver\AcpiVpc\AMD64>if /I "259" NEQ "0" (echo "install AcpiVpc fail 259" ) & goto IN_Fail "install AcpiVpc fail 259"

C:\drivers\Energy_Manager_and_Flight_Mode_Driver\AcpiVpc\AMD64>ECHO Mon 08/10/2015 9:03:33.88 [FAIL] The module EM FlighMode Driver-Utility install fail 1>>C:\SWWORK\MODULES.LOG The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\drivers\Energy_Manager_and_Flight_Mode_Driver\AcpiVpc\AMD64>ECHO Mon 08/10/2015 9:03:33.88 [FAIL] The module EM FlighMode Driver-Utility install fail 1>>C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\BUGCAN.LOG Access is denied.

C:\drivers\Energy_Manager_and_Flight_Mode_Driver\AcpiVpc\AMD64>C:\SWWORK\SHOWNG.EXE "Mon 08/10/2015 9:03:33.88 The module EM FlighMode Driver-Utility install fail" The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\drivers\Energy_Manager_and_Flight_Mode_Driver\AcpiVpc\AMD64>EXIT /B1

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms